Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU Death?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
L-Jet

Driving home the other day, the car started to lose power after going over some very rough road and went another couple hundred yards before dying out. So I thought I may have had a bad injector but I was incorrect; although the pump was running it wouldn’t hold pressure. I could hear hissing from somewhere... Turned out to be filling #2 cyl with fuel

Long story short, a Noid light showed all 4 injectors open simultaneously. Pulling the harnesses off the injectors allowed for fuel pressure holding. It would appear that the ECU has crapped out.

I’ve read that they rarely fail, but maybe this one did.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
maybe a bad head temp sensor?

QUOTE(Porschef @ Apr 25 2020, 11:08 AM) *

L-Jet

Driving home the other day, the car started to lose power after going over some very rough road and went another couple hundred yards before dying out. So I thought I may have had a bad injector but I was incorrect; although the pump was running it wouldn’t hold pressure. I could hear hissing from somewhere... Turned out to be filling #2 cyl with fuel

Long story short, a Noid light showed all 4 injectors open simultaneously. Pulling the harnesses off the injectors allowed for fuel pressure holding. It would appear that the ECU has crapped out.

I’ve read that they rarely fail, but maybe this one did.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Porschef
Wouldn’t think so George, signal is open on all four, causing a fuel dump...
Spoke
Could you have lost the ground on the top of the engine? I think that's where the injectors get grounded. The bumpy road means something came loose.
Porschef
Hmmmm...

I’ll have a look Jerry, thanks.
cary
Im with Jerry, D jet grounds ...... or that little braided ground
strap in the dizzy. All are instant stops. Go, No Go.
porschetub
Or water in the plug or the ecu…sounds like all your injectors have gone to ground water will do that,had this issue with my 944 hydro-looked the engine,just saying ok.
pt_700
several years ago, my '71 d-jet wasn't getting fuel. after trying all the usual stuff, i had it towed to a local well respected shop who also tried all the usual stuff before swapping in another customer's ecu...

they fail almost never...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.