Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pristine white '75 for sale.....I posted pictures of before
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
I had posted some pics of the white '75 1.8 that I was going to buy in addition to the green '73 that I bought. The white '75 is on The Samba. TOTAL SCAM!!! BEWARE. This guy will not give out phone number or address. Just wants funds wired to his account and says he will ship the car. Bull crap!! I've turned him in. I absolutely HATE people like this. Nothing but a scum bag. I think he should be tied to the back of a 914 and have to run real fast for a while. Nice looking car. Don't know where he dug up the pictures but it's all fake. Be careful out there!
mepstein
Glad you weren’t hurt.
Same scam in the 911 world and people have sent 10’s of thousands for just a pic on the net.
Cairo94507
I say buyer beware and proceed as if you do not know the seller (unless you really do know them). With the internet it is very easy for people to misrepresent everything and people with nothing all of a sudden have items that are highly in demand. With members all over the country it is very easy to get someone to actually lay eyes on and inspect a car before any funds ever get transferred. To do otherwise is just risky business.
StarBear
Hooray for you! You DID get the green 2.0L and didn't get scammed on the other. Win-win, for sure. piratenanner.gif
Ampex351
QUOTE(StarBear @ Apr 25 2020, 02:26 PM) *

Hooray for you! You DID get the green 2.0L and didn't get scammed on the other. Win-win, for sure. piratenanner.gif

Yep...got the green '73 2.0 and I'm happy. Forget about the perfect white on that doesnt exist. I'll put more energy into making the green one better!!
second wind
No wonder he lowered the price to sucker someone in. I was feeling poorly that pristine 914's were down to $10,000. I told you not to buy it!!
gg
framos914
It did look too good to be true.
Congrats on the 73
rgalla9146
WOW !
Where do these people come from ?
Glad no one got hurt.
The old saw is still true.....'if it sounds too good .......'
Tdskip
The Samba is pretty darn good about pulling things, please make sure to report it if you haven't.
TheCabinetmaker
Saw that same car on the imposter 914world Facebook. Total scam!

Btw, why the fuck do we need a fake 914 world on Facebook?
FlacaProductions
Pretty much all i do over there is refer them here....
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah. Me too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.