Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Budget Gated Shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche930dude
Has anyone done anything like this before? I cobbled it together in a few minutes. It works good.
lierofox
Well that's a pretty short and sweet solution for centering up neutral. It looks like it probably has a bit of free motion whenever you're over in Reverse and 1st?
Porsche930dude
I just made it snug in the 2/3 with no real pressure on it so theres no slop side to side. theres a little wear on it in the center of 1/R but its not noticeable
Montreal914
Nice! Thank you for sharing. beerchug.gif
lierofox
QUOTE(Porsche930dude @ Apr 25 2020, 05:25 PM) *

I just made it snug in the 2/3 with no real pressure on it so theres no slop side to side. theres a little wear on it in the center of 1/R but its not noticeable

Nice! Looks pretty good, the only addition I'd want to make (though trying to package it in would probably be a huge pain since there doesn't look like there's much room around the bolts) is to put the bolts through a hollow sleeve, sized to a specific length so when the gate isn't in use (in the R/1 position) the springs would pull the bolts to a hard stop, and very slightly hold the bolt up tight so it doesn't rattle-jingle around in there.

Hopefully that made sense.
Literati914
man - offer a kit, I have too many projects to get to already, but like the idea beer.gif
Porsche930dude
QUOTE(lierofox @ Apr 25 2020, 09:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Porsche930dude @ Apr 25 2020, 05:25 PM) *

Nice! Looks pretty good, the only addition I'd want to make (though trying to package it in would probably be a huge pain since there doesn't look like there's much room around the bolts) is to put the bolts through a hollow sleeve, sized to a specific length so when the gate isn't in use (in the R/1 position) the springs would pull the bolts to a hard stop, and very slightly hold the bolt up tight so it doesn't rattle-jingle around in there.

Hopefully that made sense.

Yes thats certainly possible I considered putting in something to prevent wear on the two holes like 1/4" brake line. but in practice it likes to have some ability to move around so nothing gets bound up. The two factory springs are touching my bolts a bit so I think it will prevent rattling around. It doesnt seem like that will be a problem especially with a little more grease on it. Certainly more could be done but I didnt feel it I needed to take it any farther its going to do what I want it to do. Originally I tried to come in from the other side so the springs were all on the inside but the factory plate there for the R/1 I tried to drill and it was hardened and I wasnt getting anywhere trying to drill it. Then I thought to come in from the other side and that worked out good. so my plate isnt hardened but since its layed flat it should last a long time without wearing
RickS
Ingenious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.