Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line diagram for 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Just replacing fuel lines and wondering if anone has a schematic the manual I have is poor, and my son took off all the hose at once so we could replace it. God bless him, I know he wanted to be helpful, but no.

ar15.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Outlet from pump (D) to rear end of right fuel rail. Front end of rt rail to cold start valve on 1.7/1.8, and from there to the front end of the left rail. 2 litre cars just go straight to the left rail. 2 litre cars have the cold start line running from the center tap on the left rail. Rear of left rail to fuel pressure regulator, regulator to Y at fuel pump (earlier cars, or straight into the tunnell for later cars. The "Y" has a short hose to the return port on the pump, and the 3rd leg goes to the tank. Later cars have a one in/one out fuel pump mounted under the tank, early cars have one inlet (S)/one outlet(D)/one return ® on the pump. The hose from the plastic line to the filter is a special hose, the one from the filter to the inlet side of the pump is regular 7.5mm HP fuel line. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT 5/16" fuel/vapor hose from the auto parts store! Nice to use the German clamps that don't cut into the hose. Use an FI rated fuel filter. If you can't get the square plastic one, use a Bosch 71 015 or a 13 32 1 256 492 Mahle filter for a BMW 2002 Tii. They're metal, and fit up in there. If you have a later car, your only choice is the later Bosch "2 size" square filter.
The Cap'n
Mikey914
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.