Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 distributor differances ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Purchased a 2.4 T Bosch distributor sometime ago so I can convert from the Marreli on my 71 2.2T motor,the case size changed when the 2.4 came out so the body of the Bosch needs to be machined down to 27mm and the oil seal recut.
Many have done this in the past to good effect ,my question is when did they change to CCW rotation ? ,thinking it was with the 2.7.
TIA
roblav1
CCW came with 3.0 alum case... I forget which years, around 1978, then went back to CW around 1980.
Retroracer
SO I have a spare 006 distributor from a 2.2. It has a bit of vertical play in the shaft, so probably best described as a core. I actually used it for a while on my 2.2 and it worked fine. Weights seemed in good nick and gave the expected advance vs. RPM curve.

Whether its less work/money to rebuild a core disty; or, to pull the engine and rework the case for teh disty you have - I dunno...

Seeing its you I'd let you have to for cheap smile.gif , but the shipping from the USA might be pricey. PM if you want to weigh up the choice.

- Tony
porschetub
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 27 2020, 02:33 PM) *

SO I have a spare 006 distributor from a 2.2. It has a bit of vertical play in the shaft, so probably best described as a core. I actually used it for a while on my 2.2 and it worked fine. Weights seemed in good nick and gave the expected advance vs. RPM curve.

Whether its less work/money to rebuild a core disty; or, to pull the engine and rework the case for teh disty you have - I dunno...

Seeing its you I'd let you have to for cheap smile.gif , but the shipping from the USA might be pricey. PM if you want to weigh up the choice.

- Tony

Wow thanks will PM you later,cheers.
Retroracer
Pics attached for reference:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

- Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.