Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 plaid sport seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rolmedo
Happy Sunday everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a very nice 1975 2.0. I wanted to get a more canyon friendly seat that I can add tartan/plaid inserts. The seats need to be an easy bolt on in case they are returned to stock. Can anyone help me find something or have a set I can rebuild.

Thanks
Chris914n6
It's easy to add bolsters to stock seats.
mepstein
The other trick is to use thin closed cell foam on the seat bottom and back so the bolsters stick up higher in relation to the height of back and bottom. Also good for really tall people.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 27 2020, 04:05 PM) *

The other trick is to use thin closed cell foam on the seat bottom and back so the bolsters stick up higher in relation to the height of back and bottom. Also good for really tall people.

delete
Chris914n6
Other option that mepstein alluded to is similar to what I did for AutoX days, which was to replace the bottom foam pad with a 1" high density foam cut to size to fit in the upholstery. If I was to do it again, which would make sense since foam is cheap haha, I'd double layer and trim/shape it down a little as it's a bit thin for longer drives.

You can fold up a towel and give it a try. I think it holds my butt good enough.

Just removing the board on the bottom of the cushion is worth a 1/2".
rolmedo
How do I modify them? Any threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.