Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1972 Porsche 914 targa Asking $9,500 or Best offer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
andieharry
***SCAM ALERT***

1972 Porsche 914 with only 88,000 miles. This collector owned car has been stored and only occasionally driven in its last 10years of ownership. The car was recently serviced By Porsche of Warrington which included a new battery, fluids, and a complete go thru of the original Fuel injection system. Truly a great Porsche to own and drive I'm asking $9,500 or best offer for my car.
Call/text my cell for best response @ 310-924-6908 or e-mail me splitzbyaggie@gmail.com. SERIOUS PARTIES ONLY, PLEASE!

***SCAM ALERT***
nditiz1
This one is looking fishy. So the number is a CA number, but the dealer is in PA. I emailed the person and and texted the number, but my phone auto blocked their number calling back in. Then I started to receive calls from a TN number, but no one was answering. I called this number and it said "the text to subscribe caller is not answering"...not sure about this one confused24.gif
Cairo94507
Scammers are lurking everywhere looking to lift the money right out of your pockets. Not saying this is a scam, but if looking to buy a car, you should always get eyes on it in person first, and if you can't go see it personally, ask one of our members who is local to that car to go take a look for you to verify everything about the car. Then never send money by Money-Gram, Western Union, PP, or any other "easy" way the seller requests.
TitanMZ3
If you do a search for his email, the first post mentions that the email listed in this ad was his but was stolen by scammers.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549790
theer
Dirtbag scammers are everywhere.

Anytime someone says “914 targa” (to differentiate it from the less desirable, non-targa version), be very careful!

mrholland2
Anyone do a reverse image search? (I know that such a thing exists, but no clue as how to do so). We might see where that car really is.
nditiz1
I saw it on cars for sale clearly stolen, actual price is in the 20k+. For sale in PA, disregard this ad
mepstein
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 1 2020, 01:39 PM) *

I saw it on cars for sale clearly stolen, actual price is in the 20k+. For sale in PA, disregard this ad

Any purchase to unverified sellers comes with the usual cautions - never send more money than you are prepared to lose.
ric birks
0 posts and the current join date is also a little suspect. Be careful.
moldygreg
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ May 1 2020, 10:20 AM) *

Anyone do a reverse image search? (I know that such a thing exists, but no clue as how to do so). We might see where that car really is.

Yes! Lifted from Dupont Registry listing
https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listin...che/914/2106595

BEWARE!
mrholland2
Mayhaps a moderator could take this down? It's clearly scammy
Eric_Shea
I'd say leave it up so everyone knows they're a scammer...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.