914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sithot
Anybody know this one?
914/6 PCARMARKET
SirAndy
Damn, that's one crappy repaint ...
sad.gif
davep
I have not known this car before. Good detail photos. The car needs a lot of work, but the basics are there. I believe the car should be matching numbers. I can get an accurate CoA but it would take 2 days I think.
Cairo94507
I hope that car goes to someone who does right by it. It looks as though it is all there but has not had much, if any, quality work done over the years. Tons of issues but if the price is right..... beerchug.gif
porschetub
Lots of BS in the description ,not really up to what is said, 23K in mechanical work ?? someone is dreaming there our got really ripped of remembering it only had a top overhaul and gearbox work.
Something is not right with this .. idea.gif .
Gustl
funny … the maintenance record shown in the pictures is from a different car biggrin.gif
jrblackbox
Have been watching this car. I figure it might be a way that I could get into an original 6. How much would YOU pay for it?
johnlush
I know the shops that performed the mechanical and body work. Both are reputable and do good work. Whoever painted it however made a mess for whoever tackles setting it right. I suspect the reserve is higher than what I would consider a reasonable price based on the work left to do. Guess we'll see...
SirAndy
biggrin.gif

davep
QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 28 2020, 12:05 AM) *

funny … the maintenance record shown in the pictures is from a different car biggrin.gif

Yes, and that car sold recently.
sechszylinder
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 27 2020, 06:19 PM) *

Damn, that's one crappy repaint ...
sad.gif

Germans used to say „übergepustet“ ... barf.gif

BR
Benno
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes that car is really rough, we have had that car on our file since before 2000. For the fact that to begin with it will need a comprehensive paint job and a new interior, there goes 25 thousand, as both are a real mess and are not livable. Hence 50 thousand is PLENTY for this car if it reaches that
roblav1
Personally, I see the current $47k bid as way too high. For a VIN, the worst air cooled 911 engine ever built, needing paint and interior and probably every rubber piece! I'd much rather have what I just built for around the same price.
campbellcj
I'm with you guys - up to $52k now for a car that I would have a really hard time not completely tearing-apart for a resto. Geez it even has 15 year old tires after the $23K in work?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
of course we all want 914s to sell for very very high money to set the trend.
Cairo94507
There is a lot of work needed on that car. If you pay $52K to start with you will be in that car for close to $130K to get it right. beerchug.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 1 2020, 06:34 AM) *

of course we all want 914s to sell for very very high money to set the trend.

“All”?
sithot
I would rather spend my money on a well done clone. The 2.0 engine isn’t anything special. Punched to 2.2 they are more interesting. More than that and they get really interesting. A 2.5 SS would the bomb.
Whoever buys it is going to be upside down so fast they won’t know what hit them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.