Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake line pipe clamp 999 511 072 02
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
I'm having difficulty tracking this clamp down (NLA at Porsche). If anyone stocked up on these please let me know as I'd like to buy a pair.
mepstein
Is it an adel clamp or something else?
@doug_b_928
doug_b_928
Yes, but it's smaller than the one you pictured. Stoddard, AA etc. have it on their website but don't stock it. Here's the link from Stoddard with an image:

https://www.stoddard.com/99951107202.html
mepstein
If you have a Porsche dealer near you, they can order without a shipping charge. Amazon. ebay, lots of big box hardware stores, etc. all carry them.
doug_b_928
I had ordered from my local dealer but they came back saying that they are NLA. I'm glad to learn there are other sources. How are they sized? PET just says 'pipe clamp with tread' without any size info.
mepstein
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Apr 28 2020, 04:01 PM) *

I had ordered from my local dealer but they came back saying that they are NLA. I'm glad to learn there are other sources. How are they sized? PET just says 'pipe clamp with tread' without any size info.

I believe it's ID.
I actually found the trailer and boat store down the street from our shop had every size in stock. But they are a lot cheaper when you buy quantity.
doug_b_928
Thanks, Mark. Based on what's left of mine it looks like ID 3/8" and width of 1/2". I should be able to find a hardware store locally with this size.
914e
I think ACE hardware carries them.
bbrock
Strange. I bought a pair of those through Sunset Porsche less than two years ago, but yeah, nothing special about them. Should be able to source locally.
Mikey914
If you have nay problems let me know. What are these for?
Mark
doug_b_928
@Mikey914 Will do. They clamp the e-brake cable to the firewall (2 required per car).
bdstone914
@doug_b_928
' date='Apr 28 2020, 06:05 PM' post='2809503']
@Mikey914 Will do. They clamp the e-brake cable to the firewall (2 required per car).
[/quote]

Like this:
doug_b_928
Yep. @Mikey914 should buy them in bulk and include them in his resto kit wink.gif
rgalla9146
This is a good topic and might be an opportunity for 914 Rubber,
Often these clamps survive but the rubber cushion deteriorates,
They are used in many places on various Porsches
The metal band can be cleaned, replated and reused.
Maybe the rubber covering can be reproduced in the various sizes and sold by the
length ?
cary
Guilty ............. Hoarder
I'm trying to buy 10. Have received 3 so far. Seems most cars I touch need at least one.

Here's my last email from Sunset. It was on April 8th.

Good day and thank you for your order with SunsetPorscheParts.com. Sorry for any delay in getting back to you as we have been a bit shorthanded lately. Apparently we only have gotten 3 from Porsche so far. I do see where they got stock into the USA yesterday and should be sending us the other 7 very soon. As soon as we see them we will ship them out ASAP. Sorry again for the delay. Please let us know if you have any other questions and have a great day! Romney Papesh
Mikey914
No a problem,
Dies are expensive so on short footage items it adds up.
I'll look at these.
mark
TheCabinetmaker
No need to make them. They are available everywhere. Used in automotive, electrical contractors, and extensivly in the aircraft industry, and other similar applications. For sale in various sizes from Lowe's, home Depot, electrical supply houses, and places like aircraft spruce.
johnhora
agree.gif
Unless this is a show car and will be judged for original hardware...theses are available everywhere....this is a 2 pack at home depot for $1.68

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-...odalType=drawer
rgalla9146
QUOTE(johnhora @ Apr 29 2020, 09:53 AM) *

agree.gif
Unless this is a show car and will be judged for original hardware...theses are available everywhere....this is a 2 pack at home depot for $1.68

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-...odalType=drawer

I'll never be accused of having a show car but I do like to use ooriginal
equipment wherever I can. I like things to look 'factory'
It's a restoration mentality.
Mikey914
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Apr 29 2020, 04:51 AM) *

No need to make them. They are available everywhere. Used in automotive, electrical contractors, and extensivly in the aircraft industry, and other similar applications. For sale in various sizes from Lowe's, home Depot, electrical supply houses, and places like aircraft spruce.

That's kind of what I had thought. Not that I may not make them eventually.
The real question is the correct size available?
Mueller
This place has them in steel and SS

https://www.wiringproducts.com/stainless-st...ed-cable-clamps
peteyd
here is a source for metric

https://www.autosparks.co.uk/electrical-com...ed-p-clips.html
doug_b_928
The 10mm size, assuming that's ID, should be right and the rounded shape and thickness of the metal looks very similar to the OE clamp.
cary
I measured the Porsche one yesterday. The ID was about 8.
I might try ordering some 8s and 10s from the supplier Pete called.
No return email from Sunset yesterday.
doug_b_928
Cary, since you have brand new OE to compare to that would be the best bet to get it right. Please report back if you do order some samples.
90quattrocoupe
There is a difference in Adel clamps. The ones you find on Porsche/Audi/VW cars are heavier gauge metal and the ends are reinforced, such as in the Stoddard picture that was posted.

The cheap ones will work, but become deformed easily.

Greg W.
cary
I'm putting one on the DP project. Leaving me 2.
Got an email from Sunset letting me know I got the last 3 in the world. LOL.
And a PayPal credit.
I'm going to order 5-6 of the 8s & 10s tonight.
cary
Sorry been busy. Then took a 70+ mile solo backpack trip into Hells Canyon.
I thought I had a side shot too.

Click to view attachment
Jett
Does anyone have a picture of where the two clamps attach? I am concerned we missed these but not sure. Thanks
doug_b_928
@ Cary: bummer that they don't match. Thanks for posting this.
@ Jett: I don't have a pic but, IIRC, they hold the R ebrake cable along the bottom of the firewall.
bbrock
Here's a couple pics of mine. I'm not 100% sure I have them oriented correctly but they are attached in the right places.

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.