Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hen's Teeth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Who knew? piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Yep, rare all right. They used to run about $60 each until they disappeared in the early 1990's. biggrin.gif
iankarr
Very cool! Now...have you found any chicken fingers?
76-914
headbang.gif I knew I should've said Unicorns!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
some more of them two boxed two out of the box, but NOS factory parts!Click to view attachment
bbrock
Can't believe you found those. I suspect photoshop was involved happy11.gif
Jett
Are the current CVs from Porsche different than the NOS version?

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-part...int-91433202903

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/9143...-332-029-03-OEM
914Sixer
CV's should be the same. I was not aware that Porsche had brought them back. A item that was need given the price of a complete axle now.
Superhawk996
@bbrock

Didn't you get caught up in some version of buying "new" joints from Porsche only to find out they were 914/6 parts or something with wrong spline count?
bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 30 2020, 06:19 AM) *

@bbrock

Didn't you get caught up in some version of buying "new" joints from Porsche only to find out they were 914/6 parts or something with wrong spline count?

Yes! Kent and I both bit on the Porsche CVs from Sunset Porsche. Don't be fooled. They are 25-spline joints for 914-6 axles. It seems that years ago Porsche switched to only the 914-6 version of axles which will bolt right in to a 914-4 as a complete unit. Recently, they started selling just the joints which will NOT slide on to a 914-4 axle. It seems quite some time ago they realized the stupidity of having different part #s that differ in spline count only, but why they chose to go with the version that fits only a handful of the 914s produced is a little puzzling.

All this to say - Kent made a very nice score here!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 30 2020, 09:56 AM) *

It seems quite some time ago they realized the stupidity of having different part #s that differ in spline count only, but why they chose to go with the version that fits only a handful of the 914s produced is a little puzzling.

@bbrock

Not really once you consider that 914/4's are NARP. Especially so to the corporate clowns that determine whether to provide product support for the "classics" av-943.gif

Thanks for clarifying. I thought I rembered that fiasco properly!
76-914
Just to be clear: I want to add that Sunset Porsche was not at fault in this fiasco. When confronted they were as surprised as Brock and I. They made a full and complete restitution in this matter and are an asset to this community. beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 30 2020, 08:50 AM) *

Just to be clear: I want to add that Sunset Porsche was not at fault in this fiasco. When confronted they were as surprised as Brock and I. They made a full and complete restitution in this matter and are an asset to this community. beerchug.gif

agree.gif Thanks for adding that.

Yes, they were great to deal with. As best I can tell, the 914/4 axle assembly part number was superseded to the /6 part years ago which explains why we could only buy full assemblies and not just the joints. Somebody at Porsche may have wondered the same thing and decided to add just the joints to the parts catalog, no realizing the fitment problems that would cause. Sunset was great about the whole thing and even ate the shipping costs.
90quattrocoupe
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 29 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Who knew? piratenanner.gif

Is there a part number on the Lobro box?

Greg W.
76-914
It does indeed. Here you go.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.