Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for 914 74 2.0 L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Asheikh
Hi, guys, I am looking for 1974 914 2.0L with Fuel injection.

The car needs to be mechanically sound, I do not care much about the body.

I prefer Black interior.

I plan to strip all parts from it for my 74 restoration project.

willing to pay up to $10,000

--ALI--
mepstein
I would think you would want parts from a 73-74. 73-74 are almost the same. In 75, Porsche added emissions parts and lousy heat exchangers. Adding 75 parts will downgrade and devalue the car. I would either restore what you have or just buy the correct parts for the car. Buying someone’s rusty but good running car and hoping you won’t have to rebuild everything anyway is a big gamble. Piece by piece is always more expensive but at least you put the proper good running parts in the car. JMO. beerchug.gif
Asheikh
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 29 2020, 09:48 AM) *

I would think you would want parts from a 73-74. 73-74 are almost the same. In 75, Porsche added emissions parts and lousy heat exchangers. Adding 75 parts will downgrade and devalue the car. I would either restore what you have or just buy the correct parts for the car. Buying someone’s rusty but good running car and hoping you won’t have to rebuild everything anyway is a big gamble. Piece by piece is always more expensive but at least you put the proper good running parts in the car. JMO. beerchug.gif

thank you for your information how much do you reckon all new parts would end up amounting to.
mepstein
QUOTE(Asheikh @ Apr 29 2020, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 29 2020, 09:48 AM) *

thank you for your information how much do you reckon all new parts would end up amounting to.

A lot. Sorry, I don't have the time right now to add everything up but it may be better than buying everything, expecting it to work and then still needing to have rebuilt, restored, etc. If you haven't done this before, just assembling and adjusting the parts will be a big chore and learning experience.

But even though you said the body is still good and hopefully it is, I would start posting pictures of all the typical trouble spots so the 914 experts on this site can confirm you have a solid car. That would be the first and most important step in my mind. beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.