Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP - Headlights out of sequence....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1973TwoLiter914
I'm having issue with headlight synchronization and hoping your diagram and perhaps a reply could help me sort out the details...

- Both headlights Hi/Lo work, however it's a 1 Up and 1 Down situation

- Left headlight operates perfectly in relation to the switch.....when switch is pulled out the headlight turns on and flips UP just fine.

- Right headlight operates in the 'opposite' manner - meaning it is UP with the switch OFF and turns on and flips DOWN when the switch is pulled.......leading to a head scratcher.

I've pulled the relay on the RIGHT light and tried to cycle thru manually with no result......wondering if the wires to the RT motor are somehow not lining up with the proper pins ???

Any help from the group would be great !
porschetub
QUOTE(1973TwoLiter914 @ Apr 30 2020, 08:30 AM) *

I'm having issue with headlight synchronization and hoping your diagram and perhaps a reply could help me sort out the details...

- Both headlights Hi/Lo work, however it's a 1 Up and 1 Down situation

- Left headlight operates perfectly in relation to the switch.....when switch is pulled out the headlight turns on and flips UP just fine.

- Right headlight operates in the 'opposite' manner - meaning it is UP with the switch OFF and turns on and flips DOWN when the switch is pulled.......leading to a head scratcher.

I've pulled the relay on the RIGHT light and tried to cycle thru manually with no result......wondering if the wires to the RT motor are somehow not lining up with the proper pins ???

Any help from the group would be great !

Looks like you have a recent paint job ? have you just put the headlights back in?
If so you maybe the wiring is transposed on the RH side light,check the LH side to make sure the 3 way connector on the RH side is the same.
If wired correctly the motor will only respond to open /close and park fully open or closed from the switch.
Sometimes the manual knob on the drive motor can strip out,you turn it and little happens.
Hope this helps beer.gif .
914e
I believe there is rotary contacts in the motor just like windshield motors have. When I put my motors back in I did not know if the were in the up down position. Once had the wiring repaired I left the arms loose on the shaft, I turned the lights on confirmed both motors had ran, then rotated the arm till both light where fully open and tightened the shaft nut. I don't know if the is the correct way to do but, it worked for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.