Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gearbox input shaft roller bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
panayotisnikas
Hello everybody , I pulled my gearbox apart again, and saw that the roller bearing races aren't looking very happy.
I have locally sourced the pinion roller bearing .
My issue is with the input shaft one . The one I can find is a NF2205 instead of the N2205 that comes from factory. The only difference is that the NF one has a ridge at the end of the inner race on the inside. It is the part that would not be used by the rollers( unworn part on my old one. I also include a picture for comparison
The original one is the upper left, and the one I can find is the bottom left.
porschetub
I have no idea,best to contact DrEvil ,he is very helpful and NO one knows these better than him.
Good luck.
davep
I would think that you need an exact match. Different variations have different purposes. I would suggest finding an SKF bearing supplier in your area.
panayotisnikas
QUOTE(davep @ May 1 2020, 02:03 AM) *

I would think that you need an exact match. Different variations have different purposes. I would suggest finding an SKF bearing supplier in your area.

They have proved to be really hard to find . Both pinion and input shaft rollers
914Sixer
Contact Dr Evil.
oldie914
I have an old FAG bearing handbook and could not find the NF roller bearing prefix. Also looked briefly in the internet and could not find it. Hard to tell from the picture if the bearing will actually fit.
There is a company that sells N2205 C3 bearings on Germany EBay for Euro 20. The C3 suffix means the bearing has increased running clearance on the rollers which I don't think would be a problem. The bearing is no name and Chinese made which means quality control is questionable. I bought one and it looks good but I have not installed it. Don't know if I will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.