Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome or No Chrome?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
My horn grills were looking kind of shitty with the chrome getting dull, So I got a new set from Sierra Madre. $$. And put them on. But somehow they looked a little Gaudy. It really got me when a friend asked if I got them from JC Whitney.

It originally had the black bumpers and chrome grills. When at Okteenerfest I saw another black bumper car with black painted grills and liked the minimalist look. So I took my worst set of horn grills and painted them up.

What do you think?

Chrome horn grills

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Black horn grills.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Don't really want the fog lights but I just put that option in poll for shits and giggles.

Cairo94507
With black bumpers I think black grills look best. But I would add the fog lights to the package. beerchug.gif
StarBear
I agree; black looks better with that particular arrangement and black windshield trim. Mine (74) are chrome and look great, but then they go with the chrome windshield trim, etc.
Coondog
Take it to the next step. Powder coat mirrors, door handles, WW squirters, remaining window trim black and install a LE front spoiler and a rear spoiler.
Clear front lens that are blacked out.
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 30 2020, 07:25 AM) *

With black bumpers I think black grills look best. But I would add the fog lights to the package. beerchug.gif

agree.gif
But I will say, I do really like the fog light delete look. So clean and simple. Plus, you don't see it too often. (and it's lighter, too!)
bbrock
+1 on black grills on black bumpers. Interesting that yours originally had chrome grills. My 73 "sport" originally had black bumpers and black grills which is the way I will keep it.
Frankvw
In your situation and car color I say Black grills. But if you want a point for the chrome ones....it breaks up the big black. I think a license plate will also break that !
Mikey914
I have the black fog light grills if you need them. Not just painted (they chip).
jaredmcginness
I really like the NO chrome. I am contemplating this on my green one.
preach
Black with fogs.

Love your car Tom.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.