Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT trunk rubber hold downs..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
My car never saw the road before the rubber hold down broke.. Where can I buy rubber replacements? I bought these off a member long ago so not sure the source. Click to view attachment
mepstein
Ben - Some of the places sell them so cheap, it may not make a difference buying the entire piece. Google rubber hood catch. Amazon, eBay, summit, etc.
jasons
I got some from Pegasus Racing I think.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp...ID=BODYHARDWARE

Maybe Speedway motors but I can't find them there now.
Costa05
Saw some on Patrick Motorsports website IIRC.
wes
This is the one I ordered as it looks more like the original (PBase photo) to me although haven’t actually received them yet.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
I've just started to repair the gt rear latches on our gt, and using the Pegasus " medium " size kit. Lucky that all of the non-ferrous latch parts remain with this car...and will use the New rubber pieces only.
Pegasus style has a long riveted Pin in place of the removable OE gt pin (with proper pin, not a cotter-pin). If you need I can snap a pic smile.gif
mb911
Thanks that helps
ValcoOscar
blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
Don't install with too much tension.
If so, they can prematurely crack.

I installed a set on a jeep incorrectly and they didn't last two summers before they failed due to cracks from weathering and tension.

I installed the set on my 23 914 three years and they remain like new. biggrin.gif

Oscar
live free & drive
I order a pair of latches like above from Jack Olsto - I received two mismatched units one with stainless hardware and the wrong shape rubber catch and the other with zinc plated hardware with the right shape rubber as above.

This led me to to find who the actual manufacturer/wholesaler was which was Red Hound Auto. I went to their site and found these:

https://www.redhoundauto.com/collections/wi...ducts/red520016

I received them today and am very happy with the quality, size and details.

These really resemble the exact units that Aramando shows on his site, with cotter pin - only difference is the metal is passivated stainless steel.

Cheap too at $7.99 each, and last week with free shipping
Mikey914
The compounding on the rubber looks a little off. The waxy look would lead me to believe the formulation is not 100% EPDM. It's cheap, so you may be getting what you pay for.
mankowski
Why are these used instead of the stock latch? I know they were on the GT, but beyond imitation, is the functional purpose weight reduction?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.