Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative Steering Wheel Center/Horn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DucRS
I have this extra steering wheel with a nice original leather wrap that I planned to strip and repaint. After stripping the paint, I’m digging the clean metal look and now searching for an alternative center horn button to replace original butterfly. Any suggestions on how to complete my vision? Do they make a simple center/horn I can use?

Click to view attachment
preach
Hockey puck pad but $$$$
jrblackbox
Hockey puck.
DucRS
QUOTE(preach @ May 1 2020, 01:33 PM) *

Yes, that center “Hocky Puck” looks great! Where can I find one that accommodates my steering wheel? Wheel is from a 74, my car is a 73 but I think they are interchangeable
mepstein
I can get you one. Cost is $250 + 8 ship. You use the "guts" of your horn pad and everything works like stock, including your horn. The original ones are plastic, mine are anodized aluminum. I also have an original in good shape for $450.
The one in the pic is the $250 model.
DucRS
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 1 2020, 02:25 PM) *

I can get you one. Cost is $250 + 8 ship. You use the "guts" of your horn pad and everything works like stock, including your horn. The original ones are plastic, mine are anodized aluminum. I also have an original in good shape for $450.
The one in the pic is the $250 model.

I’ll take the aluminum one. Please PM me your info.
Thanks!
mb911
And Marks are very nice..here is mineClick to view attachment
mepstein
I got my first 914 when I was 16. That was the early 80's. I never liked the regular horn pad but I never knew of an alternative. When I first saw the hockey puck horn button I knew I needed one. To me, they turn a pedestrian looking steering wheel setup into a a clean, sporty look. They make the actual steering wheel look 10X better and they don't get in the way like the standard horn pad.

If there is more interest, I can do a group buy and get more. To get a good price, these come from overseas (not china) and shipping is a bit much if I just order one at a time.
DucRS
That looks great!
Payment sent Mark
mepstein
QUOTE(DucRS @ May 1 2020, 07:54 PM) *

That looks great!
Payment sent Mark

Got it. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.