Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Rare Is This?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Rummaging around in a parts box given to me by the P.O. of my '74 2.0L, I found an officially sanctioned aftermarket option apparently sold at Porsche dealerships back in the day. It was still in its original packaging. Package label read as follows:

"Porsche 914 Air Intake Grille Molding"
Part No. ZPW 151 053
Distributed by Volkswagen of America
Manufactured by X-L-O Automotive

After attaching it to the car, I really seem to like it. Especially on a white 914 like mine, it seems to provide a balance to the black engine grille in the rear. Anyone else have one of these? History?

Ansbacher Click to view attachment
Mike Fitton
That looks awful!
Ansbacher
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ May 1 2020, 08:20 PM) *

That looks awful!

Thanks, Mike for uplifting my already down in the dumps COVID-19 spirits. I still like it and I will still buy more radio parts from you as I have in the past. Thanks again.

Ansbacher
Coondog
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ May 1 2020, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ May 1 2020, 08:20 PM) *

That looks awful!

Thanks, Mike for uplifting my already down in the dumps COVID-19 spirits. I still like it and I will still buy more radio parts from you as I have in the past. Thanks again.

Ansbacher

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Big Len
I like it.
JeffBowlsby
While in PORSCHE packaging, ZPW parts were all aftermarket parts, not made by the factory just marketed at dealerships. Made in Black and Silver (polished clear anodized aluminum).
Frankvw
I saw this discussed on the following topic as well (a 914world topic from 2011)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1783690
page 10 has the pics of that grille.

and also on the accesories list:
https://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibl...Accessories.htm

I do like it..... ! also on your white car !
Olympic 914
Just use one of the grids that goes between the fresh air box and opening.

This one kind of looks like wearing your underwear outside your pants.. av-943.gif
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 2 2020, 06:09 AM) *

With a stock grid...

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we had several hundred of those in one of our big buys. They came in black and brushed silver and attached by in interference fit that would scratch the paint. HIGHLY unpopular dealer option because of that and like the first comment did not look very nice
914xr75
Cool. Nice find.
fixer34
..ya can't please everyone, so ya gotta please yourself...
rjames
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 2 2020, 06:09 AM) *

This one kind of looks like wearing your underwear outside your pants.. av-943.gif

Add a car bra to the front to complete the look.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.