Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass Sheridan front end - P 7 /8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mikey914
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 16 2020, 07:24 PM) *

You never got back on the vented hoods for a water-cooled car. Are you going to make any of those so I could get one?

Bob B

Yes, but they will not be 1st. We are doing what we have tooling for 1st. The part he had the plug for was not good, so we will have to start over.
914-300Hemi
I would be interested in a set depending on the price. Trying to figure out which one.
Mikey914
Update we are making the nut plates for these and will be getting to the 1st prototype this next week
914forme
Thank you Mark for the update on the progress.
jd74914
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out and getting an idea of pricing.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(jd74914 @ May 22 2020, 07:24 AM) *

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out and getting an idea of pricing.

Me too.
beerchug.gif
pete000
Would be interested in knowing the actual weight comparisons between stock steel lids, fiberglass lids, and the carbon lids. Also will it be a true bolt on configuration requiring no hood pins? I would imagine the carbon lids will be much stiffer than the Fiberglass units.

Are you going to vacuum bag the carbon?

One last thing, it would be cool if you were able to put some yellow die in the resin for that aged OE GT look on the underside.

Depending on all the above I would be interested in a set.
Mikey914
Well got these into the molds friday. Should have some news later this week.

Sheridan was selling just the skins on these and fro full race you could attach a tab and and use a Dzus fastener. which is fine, but we are doing a complete version on these too.
I figured most folks wouldn't want to "modify" the car for the hoods to this extent. We will however be making pins and plates for hood closure as well as a mount for the stock latch.

Mikey914
Busy day so far more to follow in a day or two.
Doing up a front and rear hood assembly, one with the headlight delete 1st
we are figuring out the time and materials needed to ba able to price these. Should have numbers late this week.
RoadGlue
smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
Finally got these bonded and will have to test fit after I get back from Seattle this next week. We did a test tit on the substructure to assure everything alligns, just some trimming and finishing to go.
Mikey914
Some pics
914e
I would love to see someone come out with a carbon fiber targa.
Mikey914
We are doing the clear roof 1st, but doable.
Have a lot of irons in the fire with these, the bumper tops, the valances, and front end kits and flared bits.

You are going to see a lot of new resin based products coming from us shortly.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(914e @ Jun 20 2020, 08:36 AM) *

I'd like to see the weight saving here too. driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 2 2020, 10:39 AM) *

PM sent with a few questions about a set in carbon! aktion035.gif

OMG! Mark this down! Chris might finally write a check instead of fabricate it himself! lol-2.gif av-943.gif

@tygaboy
tygaboy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 5 2020, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 2 2020, 10:39 AM) *

PM sent with a few questions about a set in carbon! aktion035.gif

OMG! Mark this down! Chris might finally write a check instead of fabricate it himself! lol-2.gif av-943.gif

@tygaboy

@ConeDodger Absolutely! I've long said that if you can buy it vs make it, that's the way to go. It just happens that I can't buy a lot of the bits I happen to want, so... sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
Mikey914
We did test fits on the car this last week. We are pulling one with headlight delete this week. We are working out the the cutting and finishing for these so they fit correctly. More pics soon.
abes914
QUOTE(914e @ Jun 20 2020, 09:36 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

I am being nice to Mrs Santa so I am hoping to get carbon top when ready.
914 Ranch
Still following, I need it all. Deleted headlight front led and a rear led, front and rear bumpers and valence's. Then I can start thinking about fenders and rockers.
I have cash and not asking about the price just tell me about the bottom line.
I'll probably want Carbon later.
db9146
Mark, I think I saw the answer to my question but please confirm.....since these are FG (or even the CF version), these will require the corner pins near the headlights in addition to the center stock latch, correct?
Mikey914
Actually we are setting these up to not require pins, however they look sharp. We will probably do a run of the pins and plates. It will require a lower tension spring that we are also working on for the front trunk.
We will offer just the skins for those that want to use pins or dzus screws to attach too. Just like Sheridan did when he made them. The internal support structure is something we are making to make mount like the stock lids. More to come this week.
Mark
Jetsetsurfshop
Any progress??
popcorn[1].gif
pete000
Balsa wood GT stiffeners?
Mikey914
Yes will be an option, however we have to build one to figure costs
914forme
agree.gif

Willing to be the genie pig for GT lids
Mikey914
Will have the Headlight delete version ready this week!
We are tracking time and materials to price these correctly.
slowrodent
I'd be interested in a fiberglass rear deck lid. Depending upon final cost. Thanks, Kevin
914 Ranch
Everytime I see this thread I get a smile on my face.
Bump...
SO.O.C914er
Looking forward to the clear roof for sure..... drive on Paul driving.gif
john77
Definitely interested in a set of the FG or possibly CF hood + decklid - just depends on the difference in prices. And a set of the hood pins/plates too.
Mikey914
Making progress,
We have to make parts to see what these really cost,
but we are almost there
914forme
LOL I will add the PayPal fee for these, and I am not planning on running Carbon on my build. Those are drooley.gif

Still wanting clear Fiberglass with Balsa ala Factory GT style. Even do it like the factory lids and sign them in red before the last clear gel goes on the underside.
Alain V.
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 26 2020, 05:46 PM) *

Making progress,
We have to make parts to see what these really cost,
but we are almost there

drooley.gif drooley.gif
mb911
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 26 2020, 03:01 PM) *

LOL I will add the PayPal fee for these, and I am not planning on running Carbon on my build. Those are drooley.gif

Still wanting clear Fiberglass with Balsa ala Factory GT style. Even do it like the factory lids and sign them in red before the last clear gel goes on the underside.

That would be awesome
Mikey914
its the next one we are building,
Matt's doing a write up on his Lufthansa tribute car.
More to come
Mark
914forme
piratenanner.gif
GermermanCarGuy
Been shopping for front and rear lids and stumbled on this thread. Glad someone is still making these.

I'd be interested in a FG or CF front hood and rear deck lid (w/pins and plates). Also price dependent, but definitely interested.

RobF
Jetsetsurfshop
Did you weight the carbon hood and trunk? I gotta know.... chowtime.gif
wes
So excited to get the CB rear lid! I’ve got the front one fitted ready for painting but wanted to paint them together. :popcorn:looking good, waiting patiently.
Mikey914
One more item too
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Aug 28 2020, 06:01 PM) *

What's the difference compared to stock steel? Assuming its a meaningful amount for the factory to do it on the GT cars.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(PlaysWithCars @ Aug 30 2020, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Aug 28 2020, 06:01 PM) *

What's the difference compared to stock steel? Assuming its a meaningful amount for the factory to do it on the GT cars.

l have getty carbon fiber and real factory GT lids..the factory ones are lighter..super thin and delicate..
Mikey914
It is meaningful,
I will be posting up later this week as we open up the GB we have made some significant improvements and will be able to offer with headlight delete option too.
ALSO IN CARBON FIBER
ri914
These look awesome, can't wait to see more and pricing!
Mikey914
We have completed the 1st round of the light weight ones and unfortunately Matt painted them before we got them weighed. but will have that when I get back Wed. We are also doing a reinforced "heavier" panel that is a little more rigid. More to come this week
sportlicherFahrer
Very interested in CF lids, depending on cost of course. Looks great so far!
JRust
If you have a pair I'd be happy to model them at Red Rocks next week! I leave this Saturday though smile.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
If the price is right I'd love to get a light weight hood on my car for Champcar. My current hood is 35lbs!! WTF.gif
Way to heavy for a race car. driving.gif
Garland
Im in for front with headlamp delete, and a rear, and maybe a top.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.