Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass Sheridan front end - P 7 /8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mikey914
So we have the molds and are cleaning them. We did not get the substructure molds and are making them now. we are looking to pull a set in fiberglass and carbon fiber.
we will have the options to add balsa just like the GT hoods.
Option for headlight delete hoods will be available for both. I will post more as we move along, but we will need to do some repair work on the molds to get to the point we can pull parts. we will then figure out how much they cost to make.

Planning to run 10 sets at a large discount to launch these. Number sill follow
So who's interested at least for now?
tygaboy
PM sent with a few questions about a set in carbon! aktion035.gif
Gatornapper
Mark -

All depends on cost for me. My lids have lots of hail damage. Very strange since there is none anywhere else on the body......

GN

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 2 2020, 12:57 AM) *

So we have the molds and are cleaning them. We did not get the substructure molds and are making them now. we are looking to pull a set in fiberglass and carbon fiber.
Option for headlight delete hoods will be available for both. I will post more as we move along, but we will need to do some repair work on the molds to get to the point we can pull parts. we will then figure out how much they cost to make.

tazz9924
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 1 2020, 10:57 PM) *

What does the rear deck lid look like? does it have the rear duckbill?
Mikey914
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ May 2 2020, 10:22 AM) *

Rear deck lid will be bone stock in a gel coat primer unless you want Carbon fiber. Would be easy to add, but we are not planning to do the deck tails at this time. Sheridan has a rear wing mold that we may look at, but not yet.

Mark
tazz9924
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 2 2020, 11:24 AM) *

Rear deck lid will be bone stock in a gel coat primer unless you want Carbon fiber. Would be easy to add, but we are not planning to do the deck tails at this time. Sheridan has a rear wing mold that we may look at, but not yet.

Mark

What about the hood will it be one with a duct in it?
B2524
I would be interested in two of each depending on what the price is.
914werke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 1 2020, 11:57 PM) *
We did not get the substructure molds and are making them now. we are looking to pull a set in fiberglass and carbon fiber.
So is there any consideration for offering just a skin(s) that can be applied to OE substructure? Obviously at a lessor price point. smile.gif
Retroracer
Interested in both balsa reinforced GT hood and/or trunk replicas - but some idea of price would be good....?

- Tony
Mikey914
QUOTE(Retroracer @ May 2 2020, 02:19 PM) *

Interested in both balsa reinforced GT hood and/or trunk replicas - but some idea of price would be good....?

- Tony

Understood, but as you know we don't put much margin on our group buys, so when I have tight numbers I will.
Mikey914
QUOTE(914werke @ May 2 2020, 01:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 1 2020, 11:57 PM) *
We did not get the substructure molds and are making them now. we are looking to pull a set in fiberglass and carbon fiber.
So is there any consideration for offering just a skin(s) that can be applied to OE substructure? Obviously at a lessor price point. smile.gif

Possible, just not sure how much demand for a DIY project thee is
Mikey914
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ May 2 2020, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 2 2020, 11:24 AM) *

Mark

What about the hood will it be one with a duct in it?

The stock parts we will do 1st.
johnlush
Is your goal to produce lids comparable (or better smile.gif ) to the Getty Design offerings and priced competitively? I would be interested in a pair of GT lids with the balsa stiffeners. White gelcoat on the outside and clear resin on the underside. -John
flyer86d
QUOTE(johnlush @ May 2 2020, 05:55 PM) *

Is your goal to produce lids comparable (or better smile.gif ) to the Getty Design offerings and priced competitively? I would be interested in a pair of GT lids with the balsa stiffeners. White gelcoat on the outside and clear resin on the underside. -John

Yes. Me too.

Charlie
burton73
Will you make a hood only for water cooled cars like my V8 car with vent out?

Bob B

Click to view attachment

cheer.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(johnlush @ May 2 2020, 02:55 PM) *

Same here beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 2 2020, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(johnlush @ May 2 2020, 02:55 PM) *

Same here beerchug.gif

Yes please here as well.
Mikey914
We decided to start with the GT type and stock hoods. The only difference is that we do have an option for a headlight delete hood. Basically covers the buckets made for those that have removed the headlights ( That's more of a racing option ). As we have that mold.

The idea is that we want to supply a suitable replacement for 914 hoods that have rusted out I have a car with this issue and I have see a few others do too.

Our initial plan was to do a gray primer gel coat, so that you could scuff with a 600 grit and shoot.

The white gel coat is easily done fro the balsa reinforced ones. Matt is doing some research right now to to determine exactly what the factor layup of these looked like.

More to come soon
mdelwiche
I would be interested in the carbon fiber
914 Ranch
AR-14 needs new lids as they are old racer junk and look it. I'll be needing a front hood with headlight delete.
So I'll fallow this and get back to you when you start making them.
wes
I need a carbon fiber rear trunk lid.
sb914
Does - can the CF hood and deck lid be high gloss finish?
AZBanks
I am interested in 2 of each depending on price.
kid914
I didn t see a price for cardon fiber set??
Mikey914
QUOTE(kid914 @ May 3 2020, 03:31 PM) *

I didn t see a price for cardon fiber set??

We are still cleaning and reworking part of the molds. Prices will be posted fro the GB as soon as costs are nailed down.
kid914
Thank you sir!
BuddyV
I would be interested in a set of Carbon Fiber

Front and rear
RoadGlue
Interested in fiber front/rear, but would need to know pricing. Thanks guys!
MATTYLITE
Side note, I have to say that I am elated to know that 914 Rubber took over the molds for Sheridan's kits... and now the path of carbon fiber as an option is really great, especially when I look to the future w/ replacement pieces to my current fiberglass Sheridan pieces. Keep up the great work. I believe Marty is going to PM you about some finer details to pay attention to on your batches, which we faced on our OE pieces.
Mikey914
I understand and we are working out the details. As you know I don;t add much to my costs to make it worth while to do the GB so as soon as we have the molds ready to go and are happy with the product (hopefully about a week) we can start nailing down price.

The fiberglass will be the 1st followed but the Carbon fiber, and perhaps even Kevlar fiber.

Mark
914forme
GT style, clear bottom, white gel top please both front and rear. headbang.gif I really do not need to do this. headbang.gif But want to so badly aktion035.gif

Thank you
Conceivedready61
I'm Interested in Carbon with H/Light delete, also for anyone wanting a Stock Hood my 1975 hood is White, no dents, some paint chips, but you could bolt it on and it would look very good, anybody interested I'll send pics.
JRust
Interested in Carbon Fiber as well front & rear
Jetsetsurfshop
Interested too.
driving.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Conceivedready61 @ May 4 2020, 07:00 PM) *

I'm Interested in Carbon with H/Light delete, also for anyone wanting a Stock Hood my 1975 hood is White, no dents, some paint chips, but you could bolt it on and it would look very good, anybody interested I'll send pics.

As you are in Oregon we may be able to work a direct trade at the shop. I need one without rust which is why I did this.
sreyemj
Interested too, will be following.
Jetsetsurfshop
Looking forward to see what they weight. If theres not much difference between the glass or carbon I think glass might be a better option for me.

Also, is a Sheridan hood the same shape as a factory hood?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 7 2020, 10:23 AM) *

Looking forward to see what they weight. If theres not much difference between the glass or carbon I think glass might be a better option for me.

2 versions of the hoods one with headlight delete, the other just like factory.

Molds will be ready to start pulling next week! piratenanner.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 7 2020, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 7 2020, 10:23 AM) *

2 versions of the hoods one with headlight delete, the other just like factory.

Molds will be ready to start pulling next week! piratenanner.gif

Headlight delete is what I'm after. Looking forward to seeing some images and prices.
beer.gif
Conceivedready61
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2020, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Conceivedready61 @ May 4 2020, 07:00 PM) *

As you are in Oregon we may be able to work a direct trade at the shop. I need one without rust which is why I did this.

I'm up for that, I don't believe the hood has any Rust, but could be wrong, it is Very Clean though.
eric914
Would be interested in the GT style option smile.gif
pilothyer
Interested in a set !!
G e o r g e
interested in GT version
Driver174
Interested, but will depend on final price.

Jim
Mikey914
Just about ready to start making parts. They took a bit more time than we thought to prep, but I'm excited to get going on these!
Mikey914
internal
horizontally-opposed
Very cool, and good on you for putting these into production Mark.

Would love to finally see a real weight savings between CF lids and the factory originals in steel (so many of which have a lot of material on them by now). When I think about trying to offset the weight gain of my six conversion, three things always come to mind first: GT lids, GT bumpers, and a lightweight battery.
Mikey914
Best weight savings for the $ is fiberglass.
Carbon fiber will be lighter but on a per/lb basis you can make lighter at a higher cost.
burton73
You never got back on the vented hoods for a water-cooled car. Are you going to make any of those so I could get one?

Bob B
AG914
Definitely interested in a headlight delete hood with cooling duct if those get made in the future aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.