Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dashboard wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Can someone send me or provide a link to some pictures of how the wiring harness is routed around the steering gubbins and across the dash? The whole cabin wiring has me flummoxed.

Thanks,

Peter
barefoot
The harness gets tucked up against the firewall wherever possible.
DO NOT let any wires get close to the string u-Joints or awful thinks can happen
trojanhorsepower
OK Anyone have pictures?
Mueller
At least on my car, the wires are tucked up in the dash and would be a factory installation. There are protected metal tabs on lower section of dash to route the wires.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914e
Here is a video that might help
914/6 Full Wiring Harness Installation - YouTube
trojanhorsepower
Thanks. So the bulk of the wires go between the subdash and the steering parts, then across the dash to the passenger door?

Daryl32
QUOTE(barefoot @ May 2 2020, 01:12 PM) *

The harness gets tucked up against the firewall wherever possible.
DO NOT let any wires get close to the string u-Joints or awful thinks can happen

I second this as I just fixed the disaster that ensued.
trojanhorsepower
That's perfect thanks. I can't believe I missed that video.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 2 2020, 03:15 PM) *

At least on my car, the wires are tucked up in the dash and would be a factory installation. There are protected metal tabs on lower section of dash to route the wires.

agree.gif The layout is pretty simple and logical if you just lay the harness along the front of the dash frame and follow the factory harness hold-down tabs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.