Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos from a short drive with Clay and Betty!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottthephotog
Met up with Clay and Betty to get some footage and photos for the quaranTEENERfest video. Lots of fun, and amazing that Clay is doing as well as he is.

I had been using the 14mm f/2.8 for video work, and it was a bit strange shooting photos of the cars with it. I normally don't use such a wide angle for stills, but it resulted in some interesting shots.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
scottthephotog
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

IronHillRestorations
Nice pics, really nice. The only thing wrong I see is 4.0?? Who puts a 4.0 in a 914?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
76-914
Clay obviously has the "stretched" version. And the Blue one is about a foot shorter than Clay's? blink.gif
scottthephotog
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 3 2020, 10:44 AM) *

Clay obviously has the "stretched" version. And the Blue one is about a foot shorter than Clay's? blink.gif

Haha. Yea. That's why I normally don't shoot automotive with a 14mm, but it's what I had on the camera for all of the video work.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ May 3 2020, 07:19 AM) *

Nice pics, really nice. The only thing wrong I see is 4.0?? Who puts a 4.0 in a 914?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You met Clay right? He is the Spinal Tap 11 but knows how to actually make it 11!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 3 2020, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ May 3 2020, 07:19 AM) *

You met Clay right? He is the Spinal Tap 11 but knows how to actually make it 11!

Yes..it goes to 11. But like any (horsepower) junkie, I want more. Current HP is estimated at 430. Add a supercharger ($15K for an estimated 50% HP increase) and a Vonnen hybrid conversion (another 20 to 25% Hp bump, approximately). Then wheel motors for the front and a bigger battery pack than Vonnen uses. That makes an all wheel drive 914-6!

The Vonnen hybrid setup is 70K installed. They don't sell it as a kit. Too much liability when 480 volts comes into play.

That one would go to 20. biggrin.gif

But sadly that dream is not in the budget unless I win the powerball drawing. sad.gif
Gatornapper
Double Ditto......

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ May 3 2020, 09:19 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.