Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: XYG Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
A local shop can get me an XYG windshield for $225 and won't even charge shipping if I can wait to bring it in with one of his bulk orders. XYG has a mixed reviews and even the glass shop guy says some fit well and are good glass, while others not so much. I'm checking to see what people's experience with these has been.

Before suggesting ordering OEM glass, that is not a great option. Nearest Porsche dealer is 500 miles away and I'd be looking at about $1,000 to get one here to a place where windshields tend not to live long anyway.
Chris914n6
My VW New Beetle has XYZ front & rear glass -- nothing glaringly wrong with them. The rear glass is dual curve making it super hard to mold and it fits well enough.

On a 914, the fit on the top corners is where most of the cheaper glass fails.

Search ProSource, they adv here, don't know what brand they sell but pricing is similar.

I'd go with the practical choice...
914werke
Ive sold a bunch of them & installed 2 or 3. I thought they were a good low cost option compared to ordering through a dealer and having glass shipped from the motherland.
As for Prosource, sorry Richard has closed shop.
ChrisFoley
The last OEM one I installed was a poor fit while the XYG have generally turned out fine.
bbrock
Thanks all. This is great news. Prosource was selling Sekurit glass and when Richard was doing it, he bent over backward trying to figure out how to get a windshield to me at a reasonable cost. In the end, it was still going to be over $800 and just didn't pencil out in the land where windshields come to die.
Highland
Is Sekurit considered stock? Based on everybody's experience, would an XYG fit better than a Sekurit?
Can-Am
XYG is kind of the last resort. Hit or miss quality. FY is the other common Chinese glass company. Seems to be better quality and they actually make some glass in the US.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.