Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mini review of new toolgadget
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Frankvw
Hi, I bought this wheelhanger that just screws in one of the wheelbolt holes.

Click to view attachment

You see ? if you screw it in then your brakecaliper disappears biggrin.gif
No....According to the tool description, now it was more easy to take off a wheel with out falling on your foot (you take one bolt out, screw that thing in, take out the other 3 bolts and slide the wheel over that tool).
Putting the wheel back on would be easier without balancing the wheel and trying to get the first 2 bolts in...now the adapter first, slide the wheel over the adapter and fiddle 1 bolt, then it is aligned and the rest is more easy.

My opinion ?
Yes it was more easy but not as easy as I thought it would be. Nevertheless....happy it is in the toolbox. You can never have enough tools, right ?
Just thought to share this with you....
KELTY360
It's a practical solution that makes the job easier; but you don't need to pay for a fancy chromed piece when you can just buy a long bolt and cut off the head.
73-914
My Audi A4 has a plastic 1 in the tool kit
AZBanks
I've never understood why a manufacturer would use lug bolt instead of lug nuts. Having the studs built into the hub makes changing tires so much easier. Having to hold the wheel in place while you struggle to line up wheel bolts is such a PITA. Why do manufacturers do that? Have their engineers never changed a tire???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.