Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magic muffler cleaner?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hello out there.....I wonder if anyone knows of a fast way to clean baked on oil off of a banana muffler? I have a Dansk banana that I polished up to like chrome but because of various tiny oil leaks here and there the bottom of the muffler gets pretty brown after a few weeks of driving. I have used steel wool and elbow grease in the past but if there is a faster way I sure would appreciate hearing about it. I don't know what metal the muffler is made out of but oven cleaner does more damage than good I believe. Thank you for any of your ideas.
gg
burton73

You may try this stuff. It will not polish but is great a stainless-steel sink.

Bob B

Bar Keepers Friend Cleansers | Once Tried, Always Used

https://www.barkeepersfriend.com/
Cairo94507
BTW, the Bar Keeper's Friend stuff is great for cleaning the glass on the oven doors. Look like new after with very little effort. I use it regularly on our aluminum pots and pans to keep them like new. I would not be surprised if it works wonders on the muffler. As always do a small test spot where it is not seen first. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.