Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JOEPROPER
Like it says, I am looking for 2 rear brake rotors (late) drilled for 5 lug conversion. I have the hubs, just need rotors.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ May 4 2020, 02:00 PM) *

Like it says, I am looking for 2 rear brake rotors (late) drilled for 5 lug conversion. I have the hubs, just need rotors.

I have a pair of 914-6 rotors. I might have a redrilled 914 pair.
JOEPROPER
Are the 914-6 rotors the same? What's the difference?
914Sixer
-6 rotors are slightly larger, you may have to have diameter turned down. All depends on your rear calipers, some are deeper than others.
drem914
call Eric at PMB.
mepstein
On my current conversion that has 5 lug hubs and 914-4 rear calipers, I used 911 solid rotors and had my local repair shop take 2 mm off the radius. It fit perfectly and you can get 911 rotors at flaps for $50-60 each. I use 912 M calipers on the front with solid rotors but most people would use 911 M calipers on the front with vented rotors.

I used stock 911 rotors because you can get them turned anywhere. To turn a 4 lug rotor into a 5 lug, it needs to be set up on a mill.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 4 2020, 07:30 PM) *

call Eric at PMB.

I called PMB. They want $546 for 2 rotors shipped. I thought that was a lot for 2 rotors.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 4 2020, 09:02 PM) *

On my current conversion that has 5 lug hubs and 914-4 rear calipers, I used 911 solid rotors and had my local repair shop take 2 mm off the radius. It fit perfectly and you can get 911 rotors at flaps for $50-60 each. I use 912 M calipers on the front with solid rotors but most people would use 911 M calipers on the front with vented rotors.

I used stock 911 rotors because you can get them turned anywhere. To turn a 4 lug rotor into a 5 lug, it needs to be set up on a mill.

Thanks for the tip Mark. This is what I'll do. Now that I know this, I'll just do it myself. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.