Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name the wires #2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Please keep in mind I am not sure if the harness is a 73 or 74 model year or a little of both as the car clearly is.. These wires were cut when I got the car.. Any idea what they go to ? One looks like it should go to the gauge lights but not sure how that is possible way down by the brakes??Click to view attachment
Nacho
What does the connector look like?
mb911
There are none.. It was clipped wire.
lierofox
Not sure on this one, black with blue stripe is usually dash illumination, but it's also used for the fog light switch along with a gray with red stripe wire. (Right parking light is also gray wire with red stripe)

Anyone know if the appearance group center console gauge lights get fed power from the wires going under the pedal board?
bbrock
QUOTE(lierofox @ May 5 2020, 07:47 PM) *

Anyone know if the appearance group center console gauge lights get fed power from the wires going under the pedal board?

Nope. I'm pretty sure everything feeds into the center console from the firewall side of the harness except illumination lights.

This chump is stumped on these wires.
GregAmy
"Dionysius". A nice complementary name with little chance of confusion.
Craigers17
Center console oil temp gauge or volt meter?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...CseC3gWsARsgQKg

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't fully read all posts above, ...color code is correct for these gauges, black/blue, white/brown, but if they are coming from the front of the car, then probably not.
IronHillRestorations
If that’s gray/brown , it’s for the reverse lights
mb911
So the question is why is it up there?
buck toenges
Just curious, where is the picture taken? What part of the car is the wire cut off? In the tub by the tranny tunnel?

Buck
roblav1
Is the pic at the firewall?
mb911
Right by the pedal cluster
Dave_Darling
What colors are the wires actually? I see dirt on them; is the one wire actually black/blue, or is it blue with dirt on it? Is the other wire white/red, white/brown, grey/red, or grey/brown? Checking the actual colors will let us narrow down our search on the wiring diagrams.

--DD
Costa05
If it is an AC car it could be to the compressor clutch on the engine with a return line to the Evap.
IronHillRestorations
Goes to the brake pedal switch
mb911
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ May 7 2020, 05:50 AM) *

Goes to the brake pedal switch

Thats strange as well as the brake light switch wires seem untouched.
mb911
Ok back to this now..

The wire colors are grey and violet tracer and black with blue tracer.

Things that work to eliminate from this circuit

Front and rear running lights

Headlights

Gauges

Things that don't work

License plate lights

Rear trunk light

Gauge lights

I did realize that I have no door switches and don't think there is wire in the cavity..

So more thoughts

mb911
Found a short on the grey wire going to the firewall.. Still no connection to the license plate lights but made some progress..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.