Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front spolier
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73914dave
does anyone have or know of anyone wanting to sell a sheridan motorsports front spoiler. i think they have stopped making them and were trying to sell the molds. I am looking for the one that bolts on bellow the chrome bumper, with or without the brake duct holes. slightly damaged is ok i can repair it.
sixnotfour
This one ??
914 Rubber has the molds..
welcome.png
I have to much enjoyment posting this pic of RhodyGuy...my 914...
it has been broke and repaired 3 times since then laugh.gif hissyfit.gif
Bleyseng
What did Kevin hit??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 6 2020, 09:36 AM) *

What did Kevin hit??

smoke.gif
sixnotfour
I just got it running 2.4-6, His first time driving, We needed to leave RRC,
Take it for a quick spin, on his turn around the driveway was uneven..common out here in the middle of cow/horse town...
rhodyguy
After the fact Andy.

Driving car for first time. Testing the car on jeff's street. Car had just been brought to operational status 10 minutes before hand. Turned around in a driveway with a gravel apron. The front end was SO low the spoiler got hung up on the teeny tiny gravel to concrete transition.

I felt so bad I bought a brand spanking new battery at the auto parts store. Jeff ALWAYS forgets to mention that. Then the car tried to burn down at the first fuel stop while sitting at a pump. Crazy fast engine. Crazy handling except in a straight line. NO relaxed driving in that one. On top of it EVERY second.

Staging the picture was my idea. One of my worst ones.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 6 2020, 10:48 AM) *

After the fact Andy.

Driving car for first time. Testing the car on jeff's street. Car had just been brought to operational status 10 minutes before hand. Turned around in a driveway with a gravel apron. The front end was SO low the spoiler got hung up on the teeny tiny gravel to concrete transition.

I felt so bad I bought a brand spanking new battery at the auto parts store. Jeff ALWAYS forgets to mention that. Then the car tried to burn down at the first fuel stop while sitting at a pump. Crazy fast engine. Crazy handling except in a straight line. NO relaxed driving in that one. On top of it EVERY second.

Staging the picture was my idea. One of my worst ones.

oh ya the return line..gas on the ground no fire...Thank You for the battery.. shades.gif
driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif Wasnt there a headlight issue also ?

Sure messed up the new guys 1st post, oh well the question was answered first.
welcome.png
sixnotfour
@campbellcj
rhodyguy
The headlights lit up fine. Dark curvy road, at night smack dab in the middle of nowhere'svile no telling how many years of grime on the lenses. Challenging to say the least.
Mikey914
QUOTE(73914dave @ May 6 2020, 07:38 AM) *

does anyone have or know of anyone wanting to sell a sheridan motorsports front spoiler. i think they have stopped making them and were trying to sell the molds. I am looking for the one that bolts on bellow the chrome bumper, with or without the brake duct holes. slightly damaged is ok i can repair it.

We do have the molds, there is a lot of prep work we need to do to get these usable. We have focused on the hoods ad will be dong the front spoilers next. We also have some improvements we will be making to them to make more durable.
Problem is that we are doing these phases so may be middle of summer before these are available. Maybe sooner, but still not something we can pull off of in the condition they are in.
Mark
73914dave
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 6 2020, 10:17 AM) *

This one ??
welcome.png

Do you want to sell it? If so what is the cost? Wouldn't want to pay much due to time to repair it.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(73914dave @ May 7 2020, 08:33 AM) *

This one ??
welcome.png

Do you want to sell it? If so what is the cost? Wouldn't want to pay much due to time to repair it.

That was 5 yrs ago... it got wasted by a tumble weed @ 85 mph...
I'll keep eye open for one, Best bet contact @Mikey914 914Rubber to see if they got
the mold.. beerchug.gif
tazz9924
I have one unused, pm me for details
wndsrfr
I got mine thru Automotion...dk if they might have one in stock...listed as Performance spoiler iirc
914forme
I have an new one I got from PMS, hanging on the wall, will not go on current project, and my next project will most likely be a tractor lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
I have one unused, pm me for details

Ill buy this one, as long as 914e gets the other...
Mikey914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 7 2020, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(73914dave @ May 7 2020, 08:33 AM) *

This one ??
welcome.png

That was 5 yrs ago... it got wasted by a tumble weed @ 85 mph...
I'll keep eye open for one, Best bet contact @Mikey914 914Rubber to see if they got
the mold.. beerchug.gif

Yes we did with the brake cooling ducts and without. We will be doing a group buy on these. I wanted to work with Eric to put together a brake cooling kit that these were originally set up for. So they will actually serve a purpose not just look pretty. But will take some time to co ordinate this also. It's one of the reasons we didn't rush into everything. We will also be able to do these in a more durable fiberglass, Carbon fiber, or even Kevlar fiber if you are tired of repairing these. If you can hold tight for a bit, I'm sure we can get you a superior product, the GB will assure you get the best possible price.
campbellcj
I'll probably order one as a spare - so glad you guys are getting into the body parts now. Note for track use, I found brake cooling ducts essential with this deep spoiler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.