Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 997tt spyshots from Malibu
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Got this by email earlier today --

"News Flash to [PCA] SBR Members:
Our fellow member Dan Hawkins and his business colleague Jason Callahan have forwarded photos to Der Auspuff of the yet-to-be introduced 997 Turbo. These pictures were taken by Jason at the foot of Mulholland Hwy just off PCH at Leo Carillo State Beach.
According to Jason, there were seven Turbos being road tested. Each was loaded with computer gear. The rear car appeared to be U.S. spec model with ceramic brakes, while the lead vehicle seemed to be an EU version. The drivers were not thrilled that the cars were being photographed and after Jason took these photos he was told to stop. The drivers initially denied that these were 997 Turbos, but when pressed admitted that they were. The purpose of the test run was to monitor performance on CA 91 octane gasoline. Note the apparent style change in the rear quarter panel.
Thanks to Jason and to Dan for sharing."

Is the 914 anybody we know here? It looks vaguely like Howards car but hard to tell from this distance.

Sorry if this is a repost; I haven't been keeping up with the board as well as I used to.

campbellcj
By the way, I'm not supposed to talk about this stuff finger.gif but I saw J**** S*******'s 74 IROC 911RSR (I think) as well as his Carerra GT cruising by my office this morning. This is in addition to the Lambo's, Ferraris and other sick sh!^ I "have to" see and hear every day, while I am chained to my desk and 'puter. It's starting to drive me nuts, frankly. I wonder if I can submit an insurance claim for chronic frustration?
GWN7
5 997's and they are all checking out the 914 smile.gif)
Maltese Falcon
Jerry proll'y misses his SoCali coast rides, and keeps some panzers out here just for that purpose cool.gif
Maybe his bodyguard in the other one ar15.gif
MF
Howard
that would be me... Honey, they followed me home, can I keep them? Made a huge fuss over Suzi, but not enough to swap keys. Seven 150K cars with 200k worth of electronics inside. I passed two of them biggrin.gif
dflesburg
Why are all the 997s leaning in on the 914?

He is probably the only one left with enough money to get the beers... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.