Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 intermediate plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Al Meredith
I'm in the process of rebuilding a couple of 914 transmission and found two with the early intermediate plate. One has the bolt hole tapped and the other has the hole with a plug in it. Anyone know what the going rate is for these parts for a 6 conversion ? Al
mb911
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ May 7 2020, 08:34 AM) *

I'm in the process of rebuilding a couple of 914 transmission and found two with the early intermediate plate. One has the bolt hole tapped and the other has the hole with a plug in it. Anyone know what the going rate is for these parts for a 6 conversion ? Al

Well for comparison patrick gets about 150 for a cable that doesn't use a bell crank. The bell crank conversion kit from Rich Johnson is about 450 but half of that cost is the bell crank, linkages and cable so that would all be parts you would need for your plates.. So just thinking a $200 premium for the plate added to a trans??
914Sixer
Dr Evil sells them for under $100 when he does the work.
mepstein
I'm pretty sure they are on all 914 tailshifter trans. If the whole trans is going for $50-75.....
I'm no trans expert but I'm pretty sure you have to reset the pinion depth on the differential when you replace the intermediate plate so a complete rebuild is needed.

I had Doc Evil put one in mine when he rebuilt my sideshifter but I'm pretty sure he gave it to me when I gave him a spare tailshifter.

*If I have this wrong, my apologies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.