Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 roller or project NorCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
pencap914
Hi All,

I'm looking for a solid roller with minimal rust with the idea of making a resto-mod/GT tribute car complete with steel haunches and an aircooled 6.

Specific year does't matter too much to me, as long as its not a 76 (California Smog...) It seems the side-shift transmissions aren't too difficult to come-by.

I know there's no such thing as a "rust free" car. I don't mind doing the typical hell hole repair, or a section of floor pan. I'm no expert shop owner with extensive experience with sheetmetal fabrication, just a guy with a welder and (half) of a garage.

I had a 74 914 as my first car in Highschool in 2003, then had to sell it in 2007. I'm interested in getting back into another project so let me know if you have something or know of anyone that may be interested in selling a project car! I live north of Sacramento, CA so the closer to Northern California the better.

Thanks!
keiomas
QUOTE(pencap914 @ May 7 2020, 11:14 AM) *

Hi All,

I'm looking for a solid roller with minimal rust with the idea of making a resto-mod/GT tribute car complete with steel haunches and an aircooled 6.

Specific year does't matter too much to me, as long as its not a 76 (California Smog...) It seems the side-shift transmissions aren't too difficult to come-by.

I know there's no such thing as a "rust free" car. I don't mind doing the typical hell hole repair, or a section of floor pan. I'm no expert shop owner with extensive experience with sheetmetal fabrication, just a guy with a welder and (half) of a garage.

I had a 74 914 as my first car in Highschool in 2003, then had to sell it in 2007. I'm interested in getting back into another project so let me know if you have something or know of anyone that may be interested in selling a project car! I live north of Sacramento, CA so the closer to Northern California the better.

Thanks!

[size=4]

HAVE 1975 1.8 LITER 914 PURCHASED FROM CARMICHAEL VW MERIDIAN, MS
IN 75. OWNER GOT ALS NEVER GOT TO DRIVE IT BUT A FEW TIMES SINCE
IT'S 5 SPEED . IT WAS DRIVEN MANY YEARS BY HIS WIDOW 90 MILES AWAY
IN COLUMBUS, MS WHERE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN , ALWAYS IN ONE OF TWO
CARPORTS. I TRADED A 1999 NISSAN MAXIMA FOR IT TO RESTORE LATER.
I TOO HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DRIVE A STRAIGHT shift SINCE ACCIDENT.

I THOUGHT I WOULD PUT AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (SPORTOMATIC)
IN IT LIKE IN MY EMPI VW CONVERTIBLE BUG. NO LUCK.

HAVE COMPLETE NEW FUEL LINES , SENDING UNIT NEEDS TANGERINERACING SHIFT KIT
ALSO. INSIDE OF FRONT AND REAR TRUNKS STILL HAVE GOOD LOOKING
ORIGINAL PAINT. HAS DENTS FROM WRECKS NEVER FIXED.

PERFECT FRAME AND RUST NOT AN ISSUE, EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SAYS
NO SUCH THING. IT IS BECAUSE NO OCEAN SALT WATER OR COLD WINTER
WEATHER IN NORTH MISSISSIPPI AND CAR HAS ALWAYS LIVED IN THE
CARPORT 90 MILES FROM WHERE PURCHASED.

I WANT THE HIGH PRICE OF 6,000. AND I WILL PAY TO GET IT TO YOU IN
CALIFORNIA.

I CAN SEND PICTURES IF THE PRICE IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS EXCELLENT
RESTORATION CANDIDATE.

in@kable.net or text 6623276001 and include your name and reference 914
it will land in my email.
roblav1
Whiskey Tango???
Nie Zu Alt
PM sent!
Tdskip
Sending PM - also in Cali

Welcome to the forum @pencap914

I have a couple 914 projects.

'74 roller, excellent overall condition but needs hell hole repair (have the panels already). No engine/trans installed (although I have a good used 2.0L from Dylan that could come with). Clean CA title not fees due.

'74 running driving AZ car. Very solid, would need paint but since you are doing a build that doesn't matter. Runs, drives but is scruffy. 2.0L bottom end with 1.8 heads, 5 speed sideshifter. Clean CA title, current registration good to 2021.

'74 street legal race car, extremely solid but converted to racecar with giant (like GIANT) flares and body kit. Clean AZ title. Lots of goodies like 5 lug set up and front/rear bars and trick oil cooler set up. 2.0L dual Del's and sideshifter. No rot but looks like had a front end bump. Runs and drives fine, but inner front fender has a wrinkle.
pencap914
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies! I picked up a project this weekend from one of our own here in the forums (Thanks Montreal914!). Now the fun part begins...

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Congratulations.

Start a thread on your work in the Garage sub-forum.
Montreal914
Looking very good! beerchug.gif
Much better than in my garage...
Good luck and keep the pictures flowing. smash.gif
Nie Zu Alt
Looks good! piratenanner.gif beer.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
EdwardBlume
Congratulations!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.