Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Protectant On a 914Rubber Dash Top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Hopefully Mark will provide the definitive answer to this - Is it OK to apply Aerospace 303 protectant to a 914Rubber dashtop? My top, which I installed a couple of months ago, seems to be lightening up a bit in the linear grain patterns of the surface. I'm thinking 303 might camouflage those lines and make it all more homogenous. The car is garaged, so excessive sunlight has not been an issue.

Ansbacher
Ansbacher
Bump. Is 914Rubber out there? Mikey? Need answer on this.

Ansbacher
mepstein
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ May 12 2020, 05:32 PM) *

Bump. Is 914Rubber out there? Mikey? Need answer on this.

Ansbacher

@Mikey914
Mikey914
The dash top is rubber so 303 is a safe product. You can even use silicone if you wish. They are much more durable than the OEM. The forcible with "armor all" is that it softened the thin vinyl on the outside. Expansion and contraction at specific stress points made cracks. This is what they all crack in the same places.

ANY automotive protectant product should be save ans long as it contains no solvents ( I don;t think any do, but that would be the only issue I can see here.

cosm3os
+1 for 303 on any rubber/vinyl
pete000
I love 303 !
Ansbacher
Thank all! I will 303 the dash top tomorrow.

Ansbacher
Mikey914
If you decide to use anything else to make it shiny retreat with 303
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.