Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 911 Club Coupe Giveaway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
Porsche is giving one of these away to a lucky PCA member. I'm in. But, if I don't win I'd prefer to see it go to a 914Club member.

Enter here: http://911clubcoupe.com

Part Pricer

What am I going to do with the chassis after I put this in the 914?

xsboost90
SHHHHHHH.. disreguard this message..must be a mistake. unsure.gif This is just a hoax, clicking this link will cause your goat to run away. happy11.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jul 8 2005, 07:18 AM)

Big Type IV ...
redshift
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jul 8 2005, 07:18 AM)

Make a push car out of the roller.

M
tat2dphreak
that is a dead sexy car... wish I'd bothered joining PCA now...

what color is that?!
tdgray
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 8 2005, 09:17 AM)

what color is that?!

Don't like the wheels though barf.gif
ClayPerrine
Y'all don't need to bother entering. I just did and I am going to win it!!

ArtechnikA
what color is that?!

special limited-edition color, just for these 50 cars.

IOW - good luck finding a match 10 years from now...
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2005, 08:24 AM)

fine... but you won't need your Lift if you get that... so you can bring it over to my house.... when we get a house, that is... smile.gif
seanery
The color is called Azure California...it's based on a 356 color. Anyway, all that info is in the press release which can be found in the current Central Indiana Region Newsletter DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
redshift
QUOTE (tdgray @ Jul 8 2005, 09:23 AM)

what color is that?!

Don't like the wheels though barf.gif

Yes, the wheels look like shit! smilie_pokal.gif

ohmy.gif

(as do all non-fuchs porsche wheels... uhoh!)

M
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 8 2005, 07:30 AM)

fine... but you won't need your Lift if you get that... so you can bring it over to my house.... when we get a house, that is... smile.gif

I will still need the lift. I am NOT getting rid of the 914s.

Wanna hear the funny part. If I win it, it will park outside and the 914s will be in the garage......... lol2.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2005, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 8 2005, 07:30 AM)

I will still need the lift. I am NOT getting rid of the 914s.

Wanna hear the funny part. If I win it, it will park outside and the 914s will be in the garage......... lol2.gif

smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif of course!

redshift
huh.gif ... it comes with a garage?

M
jfort
ya'll are wasting your time. i just submitted the winning entry. sad thing is, i'll still enjoy my teener more.
markb
Sorry guys, I just put in the winning entry. Besides, I need a new commuter car. biggrin.gif
zymurgist
omg omg omg gotta have it!

When I take possession of this beauty, I'll have a nice MFI 2.4 engine, 195 rwhp (with attached 911 body wink.gif ) available for sale to a lucky 914club member.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 08:18 AM)

When I take possession of this beauty, I'll have a nice MFI 2.4 engine, 195 rwhp (with attached 911 body wink.gif ) available for sale to a lucky 914club member.

Perfect 914/6 conversion donor car. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 09:18 AM)

first dibs! wink.gif

who am I shitting? I won't be able to afford it, but I want to be the FIRST to say I can't afford it... smile.gif
zymurgist
Heck, I don't even know whether I can afford to own the sweepstakes car!
nebreitling
absolutely beautiful car. i really like the wheels.

i'm thinking it'd make a good tow vehicle for the 914.
Carl
Even the folks at Porsche can be grammatically challenged:
"Porsche to build special addition coupe."

"Special audition coupe" would have been even better. smile.gif

Those Germans crack me up.
Mueller
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 07:45 AM)
Heck, I don't even know whether I can afford to own the sweepstakes car!

I hear you...I'd hate to pay the taxes on it...talk about putting you in a different tax bracket for a year...OUCH, then the insurance is going to suck up a bunch of money and then you have registration which in CA will about $900 to $700 per year for a few years until it starts to lower....

Nice car.... wub.gif
Kargeek
Thanks for the link, I needed to enter and forgot about it. It's about time that Porsche did something for us club members...

The BMW club every year has a raffel for something special- this year it's the new V10 M5. You can bet that when this hits the dealers it will have the 50K added dealer mark up. Odds are 1 in around 4000. Entry is 25.00 - max five tickets. They end up giving away around 14 cars- or really the money to buy one. Every year I spend the 125.00 for someone to win but maybe...just maybe...Also being a BMW member can get you a rebate on a new or CPO used Bimmer...so, membership can have it's advantages.

I think it would be great if a 914 club member could win a club coupe- something for the Porsche underdog!

DH
zymurgist
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 8 2005, 08:26 AM)
I hear you...I'd hate to pay the taxes on it...talk about putting you in a different tax bracket for a year...OUCH, then the insurance is going to suck up a bunch of money and then you have registration

Yeah, I know a lot of guys are saying "nice problem to have" but think about it... you win the car, you also get a 1099 informing the IRS that you just received $100,000 in income. I'd have to borrow against my house just to take delivery on this beast. Probably end up selling it before ever putting a tag on it. sad.gif

Still, with the after-tax proceeds of the sale, I could find a real nice orange 914/6 that wouldn't be laid up for weeks at a time...
Part Pricer

I would bet that there are more than 50 yahoos in this country that would spend a few dollars just to get their hands on one of these.

You know the type. He'll spend a premium to get a numbered limited edition then put it in his collection and never drive it.

What do you think? Would one of these guys pay $150K for one?

Brando
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 8 2005, 08:26 AM)
I hear you...I'd hate to pay the taxes on it...talk about putting you in a different tax bracket for a year...OUCH, then the insurance is going to suck up a bunch of money and then you have registration

Yeah, I know a lot of guys are saying "nice problem to have" but think about it... you win the car, you also get a 1099 informing the IRS that you just received $100,000 in income. I'd have to borrow against my house just to take delivery on this beast. Probably end up selling it before ever putting a tag on it. sad.gif

Still, with the after-tax proceeds of the sale, I could find a real nice orange 914/6 that wouldn't be laid up for weeks at a time...

That's what I'd do. Ebay here I come!
zymurgist
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jul 8 2005, 09:03 AM)
What do you think? Would one of these guys pay $150K for one?

Should I win the car, I will be counting on it. Taking out a loan to pay income taxes for a depreciating asset would make no sense at all, unless I was planning on flipping the asset for a profit.

People who get rare new models do this all the time... back in '96 when the C5 Corvette first came out, you couldn't get them at the dealers, but well-heeled individuals who had to be the first kid on the block to get one were paying well above MSRP for cars that had already been registered.
anthony
The sane thing would be to immediately flip it but it would be sad. I'd love to have a new Carrera S and a 914 in my garage for the next 30 years.
Mueller
QUOTE (anthony @ Jul 8 2005, 11:23 AM)
The sane thing would be to immediately flip it but it would be sad. I'd love to have a new Carrera S and a 914 in my garage for the next 30 years.

agree.gif

I just entered...odds should be pretty good....there are only 53,000 PCA members and I bet only 1/3 or less enter the contest.

I picked Michael Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek as my pickup destination MDB2.gif

If there really is nice premium for this Anniversary model, I'd be willing to trade "down" for a standard 997 S if comp'd to do so by the dealer or someone else smile.gif
tdgray
Do you have to be a PCA member currently to enter or can you sign up and then enter.

I have been thinking about signing up anyway... This is just a bonus reason.

Mueller
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 3 2005, 01:43 PM)
Do you have to be a PCA member currently to enter or can you sign up and then enter.

I have been thinking about signing up anyway... This is just a bonus reason.

sorry:
Members in good standing as of June 1, 2005

I just re-read the rules, bummer, I cannot have my wife enter since she is just listed as a "family member".....oh well...
Joe Bob
I'm in....if'n "I" win....I'll drive it for 1,000 miles, pee on the fender and sell it.....buy a Turbo "S" Cayenne to tow my race car....

Just to piss someone off... cool_shades.gif
MattR
Im saving my luck for the lottery. If I win something, I want to win big.
Mueller
QUOTE (MattR @ Aug 3 2005, 02:26 PM)
Im saving my luck for the lottery. If I win something, I want to win big.

i'm sorta lucky I guess:
in the past I've won:

27" Sony Trinitron TV many moons ago,
won a week long vacation to Hawaii (gave the trip to my parents)
and just a few months ago I won almost $2K in the CA Lotto....I'm still waiting to hit the really big Lotto mueba.gif I feel it happening soon screwy.gif

On our way to Louisiana we bought Lotto tickets in each state we went thru...I don't mind taking "thier" money, hahaha
Joe Bob
I see it's a masculine model.... wink.gif
user posted image
flesburg
If I were to win it, I would somehow come up with the money for the income taxes, and then I think I would be very tempted to sell it too, because some "multi-millionaire" would probably be willing to pay a quarter million or more for it.

Think of it. You could build a couple of ultimate 914-6s one for crusing and one for the track, and have mad money for race tires for 10 years or more.

PS PCA membership includes a neat magazine called Panorama, and the magazine is almost worth the cost of dues all by itself.
Joe Bob
Here's the best part....

Canadian residents only: In order to win the Runner-Up Prizes or, subsequently, the Grand Prize, a selected winner must first correctly answer (before receiving each prize), without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a four-function time limited mathematical skill-testing question. Failure to answer the question correctly and within five (5) business days of being contacted by telephone or e-mail for the purpose of answering this question will cause the prize to be forfeited.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey what a hoser,....what's 2+2, eh?

More specs on the car...

2006 Club Sport
davep
Winner was Clif Rosenberry from White Plains, NY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.