Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring underneath passenger seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJ914
Looking for some help with the wiring I found underneath the passenger side seat. Removed seat and found half the wires laying on the floor uninsulated and half plugged into an empty lead block. (see photos). I know for 74 they had some controller under the seat that would not allow the car to start if the seatbelts were not used. Also a buzzer for when the seat belts were not used. My car is a 76 and not sure what should be there.

First there is a connector off to the side near the back pad that is not connected. Can anyone tell me what this is for and what will happen if I reconnect it?

Second: Should the wires that are laying on the floor be connected to something? Should they be connected to any of the leads that are going to the block?
Does anyone have a simple schematic that would help me connect as necessary?

Leads laying on floor are:
1: Brown lead & gray lead are together and taped off separate from everything else.
2: White
3: Yellow with red stripe
4: 2 brown with yellow stripe connected together
5: Black
6: White and Green with white stripe connected together.

Leads installed into block are:

1st block area
1: 2 Green with Red stripe connected together.
2: 1 fat yellow
3: 1 fat yellow with red stripe.
4: Gray with Red stripe.

2nd block area
1: Brown with white stripe
2: Green with white stripe.
3: 2 Black connected together.
4: Yellow and Yellow with white stripe connected together.
5: Yellow with white stripe.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=743
474]Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
Interesting that all the relays are gone - i'll take the easy part of this:
The yellow/red and yellow wires that are already jumped need to stay connected as it's the starter circuit. Personally, I'd pull those two out of the plastic block and just connect them directly - skip the jumper and the block. Make sure it's a good, firm connection otherwise, no start.

Does your interior light work/turn on/off with the door switches and/or manually? You can trace from the light to the area under the passenger seat...

A lot of info on this situation - search "seatbelt relay" and the like and you'll get more....
toolguy
thats the seat belt safety interloc which is suppose to be under the drivers seat.

the large Yellow wire is the lead to the starter. . the loop connection at the terminal block bypasses the 'safety' functionL
NJ914
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 11 2020, 01:02 PM) *

Interesting that all the relays are gone - i'll take the easy part of this:
The yellow/red and yellow wires that are already jumped need to stay connected as it's the starter circuit. Personally, I'd pull those two out of the plastic block and just connect them directly - skip the jumper and the block. Make sure it's a good, firm connection otherwise, no start.

Does your interior light work/turn on/off with the door switches and/or manually? You can trace from the light to the area under the passenger seat...

A lot of info on this situation - search "seatbelt relay" and the like and you'll get more....

Thanks for the quick response and info. I have not checked the interior light yet and will search for more info as suggested...
NJ914
I would like to get a buzzer and get the interior light working (if it is not) so if anyone can point me in the right direction to do this that would be great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.