Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RD inner suspension console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
Restoration Design inner suspension console. If you have bad hell hole rust or your rear passenger wheel is starting to lean in at the top, it’s might be time to replace your rear suspension console. Along with the new console, I’m including the reinforcement ties from 914rubber that help secure the console to the rear longitudinal. Regular price without the 3 reinforcement ties is $259. I’m selling for $199 + ship, extra parts included. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.
stevegm
PM sent
peteyd
that looks NOS to me
Superhawk996
Mark,

Is there any chance you'd be willing to trace the flat sheet metal ties at full size and scan to PDF?

Would be super helpful vs. having to make my own templates from scratch in the future.

@mepstein
mepstein
QUOTE(peteyd @ May 12 2020, 08:03 AM) *

that looks NOS to me

Pete - How do I tell? I was under the impression that the “wrinkle” was aftermarket but I’m certainly no expert.
@peteyd
mepstein
I have expert confirmation it's an RD reproduction. @stevegm is first in line.
Literati914
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 12 2020, 08:09 AM) *

that looks NOS to me

Pete - How do I tell? I was under the impression that the “wrinkle” was aftermarket but I’m certainly no expert.

I would have guessed the same.. some NOS volvo parts I picked up for my '71 1800E looked the same with the oxide colored primer and labeling.

mepstein
QUOTE(Literati914 @ May 12 2020, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 12 2020, 08:09 AM) *

that looks NOS to me

I would have guessed the same.. some NOS volvo parts I picked up for my '71 1800E looked the same with the oxide colored primer and labeling.

Yes. I was told the red oxide is correct but as I first thought, it’s an RD reproduction. Certainly not a bad thing. RD is the only one making this part and it’s a very common failure point.
Superhawk996
Now if we could only get them makeing the Driver side console. These babies are getting old. I can't be the only with a stress cracked driver side. shades.gif @peteyd
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 12 2020, 09:00 AM) *

Mark,

Is there any chance you'd be willing to trace the flat sheet metal ties at full size and scan to PDF?

Would be super helpful vs. having to make my own templates from scratch in the future.

@mepstein

@Cary sent me that a couple of years ago, and before I could ever get around to fabbing them 914 Rubber started making them:

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/t...t-set-by-cary-1

I'll look around to see if I can find the paper templates Cary sent me, but they may be back at my old house.
mepstein
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 12 2020, 08:15 PM) *

Mark,

@mepstein

@Cary sent me that a couple of years ago, and before I could ever get around to fabbing them 914 Rubber started making them:

I'll look around to see if I can find the paper templates Cary sent me, but they may be back at my old house.

Rob - I have Phil covered. I have an extra set I’ll never use so they are headed his way.
@BeatNavy
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 12 2020, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 12 2020, 08:15 PM) *

Mark,

@mepstein

Rob - I have Phil covered. I have an extra set I’ll never use so they are headed his way.
@BeatNavy

thumb3d.gif
Superhawk996
Thanks Guys -- as always the willingness to help a fellow teener blows me away! biggrin.gif
mepstein
suspension console is still for sale.
mepstein
Bump driving.gif
Mikey914
Got plenty in stock, so just let me know if you need multiples I'm sure we can work something out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.