Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sold - NOS door latch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
sold - NOS door latch. Make your door work like new. Left / driver side. $150 + 9 ship. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.
Jeffrey has first dibs - @914_7T3
914_7T3
@mepstein

Not sure if you have psychic abilities, but my doors are turning into a huge project all their own and yet to be addressed.

NOS Driver's door handle requires a great deal of effort to release. It is also not catching on the striker plate. The latches were both replated and for all I know may or may not be part of the problem. Fitment of the passenger door & triangle window is a whole other story. May pull everything out on that one and start over.

I will graciously accept your offer to purchase and if not required will put it up for sale again down the line to another interested member.

Thanks for thinking of me beerchug.gif
bdstone914
@914_7T3
' date='May 11 2020, 08:11 PM' post='2814168']
@mepstein

Not sure if you have psychic abilities, but my doors are turning into a huge project all their own and yet to be addressed.

NOS Driver's door handle requires a great deal of effort to release. It is also not catching on the striker plate. The latches were both replated and for all I know may or may not be part of the problem.

Try some spray tube in them before you remove them. I have to lube and work and door latch like that till them work free. Crud build up on the friction surfaces during plating.
914_7T3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 12 2020, 02:44 AM) *

@914_7T3
' date='May 11 2020, 08:11 PM' post='2814168']
@mepstein

NOS Driver's door handle requires a great deal of effort to release. It is also not catching on the striker plate. The latches were both replated and for all I know may or may not be part of the problem.

Try some spray tube in them before you remove them. I have to lube and work and door latch like that till them work free. Crud build up on the friction surfaces during plating.

Thanks @bdstone914 I will give that a go when I get to it.
mepstein
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 11 2020, 11:11 PM) *

@mepstein

NOS Driver's door handle requires a great deal of effort to release. It is also not catching on the striker plate. The latches were both replated and for all I know may or may not be part of the problem. Fitment of the passenger door & triangle window is a whole other story. May pull everything out on that one and start over.

I will graciously accept your offer to purchase and if not required will put it up for sale again down the line to another interested member.

Thanks for thinking of me beerchug.gif

The usual 95% done, 95% to go. Sorting the car takes some time when you touch every part. Latch will go out shortly and I'll send tracking. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.