Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: she passed inspection - awaiting my license plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dax1969
Hi guys,

A while back I bought 1974 914 fm a fellow member in Florida ( @daytona ) and shipped it to Europe. The process of buying/ppi/shipping was easy especially if you are lucky enough to meet an honest seller.

The car arrived Belgium on 6th march and a few days later (13th march) we went in lockdown. It gave me the time to inspect the car from top to bottom and to prepare her for technical inspection to get her registered. And ofcourse, gave her good clean and polish biggrin.gif

The items done (so far, have more on the list) were basic and minor :

* installed euro headlights, rear lenses and turnsignals
* put on 4 new tires
* installed a jwest fusebox
* fixed the brakelights by adjusting the switch (were on all the time)
* fixed the back up lights (new pin on the switch)
* fresh oil, oilfilter, airfilter, plugs etc
* adjusted headlights
* fixed the horn (worn hornrubber)
* searched for days to get the turnsignals go left and right on the dash instead of both
arrows together (internet told me that a 74 has two arrows but only one light grrrr)
* installed new relay so more lights on the dash came alive
* new handbrakeswitch (bam there came the light on the dash)
* flushed the brakelines and put fresh brakefluid on

The paint is not that great (I knew this as seller told me fm the beginning) so I decided to put some "camouflage" on in form of stickers (not to everybodies taste but hey, my car and I like it). New paint will be for the future (and then I ditch the stickers).

Took the car for inspection and the car did not pass .... everything was ok except the CO... classic cars can have 4% tolerance but mine was at 8 %. My mechanic fiddled with the engine and now I am at 1.5 % .... car passed, got the papers and I am currently awaiting the postman (always rings twice ?) to bring my licenseplate.

This one will soon be on the road ! I'll take my 1986 911 for cruising with the wife...the 914 will be for me alone biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thks for watching biggrin.gif

Dax

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
Congratulations! You’ll be carving up the twisties in no time. The car looks good in livery, although I’m partial to race schemes myself.

Hope to see lots of drive pics and vid soon.
jaredmcginness
Love this car, nice work! I like the race scheme. I would like a bigger white meatball like on the GT cars and leave the number blank, if I went this route.

Our lockdown in the States has allotted me a ton of time to work on the 914 as well. Blessing in disguise.
Frankvw
Hey DAX1969, great work/news. I am still getting my car ready for inspections and licenseplate, so you are way ahead of me ! Good to read we will be seeing the car on thw European roads soon.
ValcoOscar
beerchug.gif first.gif

dax1969
QUOTE(jaredmcginness @ May 12 2020, 04:39 PM) *

..... I would like a bigger white meatball like on the GT cars and leave the number blank, .....

Was tempted to do this as well but liked the negative porsche decals and this doesn't go well with the white meatball. µ

krgds
Dax
dax1969
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 12 2020, 04:47 PM) *

Hey DAX1969, great work/news. I am still getting my car ready for inspections and licenseplate, so you are way ahead of me ! Good to read we will be seeing the car on thw European roads soon.

thanks ! Hope the 914 club holland get's together soon. Although fm Belgium I am a member there as well. First opportunity (the tech workshop) I could join was cancelled due to corona....

bye
Blue6
Dax, your car looks fantastic... smilie_pokal.gif
911GT2
QUOTE(Frankvw @ May 12 2020, 06:47 AM) *

agree.gif

What he said.

Nicely done!
tygaboy
piratenanner.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif
And now:
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Coondog
Congrats, car looks great...... first.gif
StarBear
Great job and great future driving experiences. (Singing: "Another one hits the road..." driving.gif )
ndfrigi
Congratulations @dax1969 That is a beautiful outcome in just a few months.
Thank you for sharing and I may follow your style to camouflage the bad exterior that I have on my 74 Bahia red. Will be collecting stickers now.

preach
Congrats Dax!
burton73
Danny Buddy,

Happy that you have got it worked out.

Enjoy!

Bob B bye1.gif
Big Len
Love it. Best of luck w her.
mlindner
Dax, love it. Have lots of fun.
Cairo94507
@dax1969 - What a great example of being able to buy a car from the USA and ship it to Europe and all works out well. You have to love 914World.com. You have a great car there. I am happy to hear you will be enjoying it on the road soon. beerchug.gif
dax1969
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 13 2020, 01:27 AM) *

@dax1969 - What a great example of being able to buy a car from the USA and ship it to Europe and all works out well. You have to love 914World.com. You have a great car there. I am happy to hear you will be enjoying it on the road soon. beerchug.gif

Indeed, met some nice people here already and learned a lot... Will most probably ask a million more questions and it's good to know that you guys will pick it up and give solutions. many many thanks to all of you

krgds
Dax
daytona
Hi dax,
Glad to see that you are done with the inspection process and that you will be driving and enjoying it soon.
The fact that you got it inspected, does that mean that you are no longer in lockdown?
Be well and enjoy it in good health.
Bill.
dax1969
QUOTE(daytona @ May 13 2020, 01:14 PM) *

Hi dax,
Glad to see that you are done with the inspection process and that you will be driving and enjoying it soon.
The fact that you got it inspected, does that mean that you are no longer in lockdown?
Be well and enjoy it in good health.
Bill.

thks Bill.

We are not in total lockdown anymore but still very restricted in what we can do.

Luckily enough inspection stations re-opened but with very strict measurements (gloves, masks, 1.5 m distance etc). Actually we are only allowed to drive our classic cars to the inspection station, to the garage AND to buy the necessary groceries (guess what I do biggrin.gif )

bye for now
Dax

Stay healthy Bill, the virus is big shit
saigon71
I know you've been looking for a while Dax. Looks like you found an awesome ride.

Congrats! beerchug.gif
flat4guy
Amazing how a few decals can make a car look so good. Enjoy the roads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.