Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signal assmenly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkG
I had my turn signal assembly short out/fall apart on me, and have seen some other posts here with late model 914 owners needing these assemblys.

Ordered a new one from AA, arrived yesterday, installed yesterday, works great now! $55.00

Here is what they sent, FYI: turn signal assembly VW Type 1 (Beetle) 1972 and later.

Exact (but slightly less quality than the 914 xxx xxx xx p/n OEM one) replacement.

Just an FYI for those who need these assemblies.....
bd1308
probably part #11..i dont recall seeing any other types on any beetles i've ever seen......
phantom914
Ooh, can I play too?

My guess was that he meant the column switch thingy.

Do I win? smile.gif

Andrew
Part Pricer

This thing?

MarkG
Yup, just like the picture....111 953 xxxX (don't have it in front of me)
ClayPerrine
If you buy one for a 924, you get an electric windshield washer contact on the switch and 2 wiper contacts for the horn instead of 1.

Cap'n Krusty
"Assmenly"? Something related to proctologists? Seinfeld's Kramer (in a recent rerun) comes to mind ....................................... The Cap'n
phantom914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2005, 12:26 PM)
If you buy one for a 924, you get an electric windshield washer contact on the switch and 2 wiper contacts for the horn instead of 1.

And it's a direct fit for the 914 too?

Andrew
Cap'n Krusty
"Assmenly"? Something related to proctologists? Seinfeld's Kramer (in a recent rerun) comes to mind ....................................... The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Jul 8 2005, 01:36 PM)

Andrew

Not exactly. There are more wires than there are places in the plastic moulded wire guide. The Cap'n
phantom914
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 8 2005, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Jul 8 2005, 01:36 PM)

Andrew

Not exactly. There are more wires than there are places in the plastic moulded wire guide. The Cap'n

What does that mean? Specifically, what would have to be done to the "assmenly" and/or 914 steering column to make it fit. Would the column look the same externally after all this was done?

Andrew
BMartin914
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 8 2005, 01:37 PM)

"The assman's in town" "You got that right!"
redshift
QARL'S THINGY ON PELICAN
Bleyseng
too many words for me to follow......so you can smash a 924 turn signal switch in, hmm, I tried that a few years ago and it didn't work.

Yes, I do have a Bug switch in my 914 and it works great. I don't need the windshield washer cuz I don't drive in the rain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.