Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dragnet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
laugh.gif i loved that show...anyway sgt. thursday spotted a oil puddle under my car and after screaming obsenities, I am lead to be believe that it's caused by leaking pushrod tube seals. while I drive the police cruiser and stop at lights, it spews a whispy cloud of oil smoke all over the place....kinda hard to hide from the bad guys if you leave a trail! I put four quarts of golden oil over the past three weeks....so its getting expensive.

Question is it worth paying private monday (the mechanic) to replace these, or is this a project that I could do when i'm not in a high-speed chase?
tat2dphreak
if you CAN't DO it, you have no right having a car... or even a bicycle... easy job... like changing-the-oil easy, like taking-a-grunt-after-jack-in-the-box easy... like... nm, you get the point smile.gif

let the H/Es cool first though... wink.gif
Allan
Make sure you clean the area up really good though or you're gonna get all kinds of crap in the bores and on the seals and it will never seal...
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 8 2005, 11:36 AM)
Make sure you clean the area up really good though or you're gonna get all kinds of crap in the bores and on the seals and it will never seal...

agree.gif

I think Jake even has a procedure posted on here on how to get them to seat real good, and never leak
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.