Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blaupunkt frankfurt SCORE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
brand new old stock IN THE BOX! I am thrilled to have found this. Perfect for 1/74-76 914sClick to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 12 2020, 03:48 PM) *
brand new old stock IN THE BOX! I am thrilled to have found this. Perfect for 1/74-76 914s

Open it up and take a picture! We want to see it happy11.gif

driving.gif
bandjoey
R U going to put it in one of your cars or do we need to get a bank loan to look at the selling price? How rare to find one like that !
914Sixer
They are still out there. I scored one around Christmas
old914dog
a couple years ago, I found a NIB Blaupunkt AM with all black which was what I wanted to "disappear in the dash. Folks kept the exterior stock and installed am/fm, 40 watts per channel. bluetooth....all the new stuff. Neat upgrade for teener.
StarBear
Still have mine, in a box awaiting (30+ years) to get it fixed. Fortunately, the current one has a cassette player so haven't been in a rush to have the original one repaired.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you could send it to Matthias in Germany and he will repair it for you

QUOTE(StarBear @ May 13 2020, 02:04 PM) *

Still have mine, in a box awaiting (30+ years) to get it fixed. Fortunately, the current one has a cassette player so haven't been in a rush to have the original one repaired.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am definitely a hoarder, every time Matthias gets in a USA blaupunkt he e mails me and I buy it. One for every occasion!! What I like is that they all have original bulk head connectors, and with him making a plug for it with a switch, one can use a iphone to play through the radio
Of course not much power but cannot get around the originality of them

My son bought a very tasteful looking brand new pioneer with every feature including blue tooth and hands free for only 95 bucks new, had great power and sounded good. amazing how radio technology has vaulted to the top

QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 13 2020, 08:53 AM) *

R U going to put it in one of your cars or do we need to get a bank loan to look at the selling price? How rare to find one like that !
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bkrantz
George, you might have a problem. biggrin.gif
Larmo63
Look at all of my radios.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I certainly do. and have had ever since I fell in love with 914s. Should have stayed in love with the 356s instead

QUOTE(bkrantz @ May 13 2020, 08:02 PM) *

ClayPerrine
Personal opinion...

You did the right thing. 356s are a bit boring, and the owners are really stuffy.

Clay

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 14 2020, 09:27 AM) *

I certainly do. and have had ever since I fell in love with 914s. Should have stayed in love with the 356s instead

QUOTE(bkrantz @ May 13 2020, 08:02 PM) *

Mike Fitton
Nice radio but much later version with 6 push buttons, not for '74-'76 cars. More like '78-'81 version.
enoz05
Prefix "M", correct for 1979
porschetub
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ May 15 2020, 03:23 AM) *

Nice radio but much later version with 6 push buttons, not for '74-'76 cars. More like '78-'81 version.

agree.gif Had a 74 which I have just sold,looked different to that one ,the inner adjustment knobs aren't chromed,thats the thing I first noticed.
StarBear
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 13 2020, 07:08 PM) *

you could send it to Matthias in Germany and he will repair it for you

QUOTE(StarBear @ May 13 2020, 02:04 PM) *

Dug it out - it's a Motorola (see photos - dealer installed?) that came with the car when I boght it off the dealer's lot in 1974. Worth fixing or worth anything?
Tuner cord/band has dry-rotted so can't change channels with dials or push buttons. Might try to gerry-rig a fix though really do like the current cassette player (mostly Doobie Brothers, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Meatloaf and Byrds)
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Jett
We searched for a bit to find this for our 77 911. Came from Poland.

Added the actual antenna installed.
nordfisch
Hi,
there are 90 versions of 'Blaupunkt Frankfurt'
You can find a lot of information here: https://www.radiomuseum.org/

Regards
Norbert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.