Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn your 914 into a 917 in five seconds....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
I was out on a drive yesterday and stopped to enjoy the mountain view. So I push my driver seat forward looking for my cell phone and I had inadvertently pushed it so far forward that it would not go back into position without unlocking the seat rail latch on the left rail. Well this is easy to fix if you have a really long flat head screwdriver which I did not. I tried a couple of sticks on the side of the road with no success. So I have to drive home with the seat all of the way up and what an experience! Like being in a 917! I am 6'4" and my knees were hitting the dash and my face was in the window. The steering wheel was like a chin rest for me. It made me think of the 917's at Rennsport. The moral of the story is to make sure you have a long flat head screwdriver on board just in case this happens to you. The end.
gg
Jamie
QUOTE(second wind @ May 12 2020, 01:38 PM) *

I was out on a drive yesterday and stopped to enjoy the mountain view. So I push my driver seat forward looking for my cell phone and I had inadvertently pushed it so far forward that it would not go back into position without unlocking the seat rail latch on the left rail. Well this is easy to fix if you have a really long flat head screwdriver which I did not. I tried a couple of sticks on the side of the road with no success. So I have to drive home with the seat all of the way up and what an experience! Like being in a 917! I am 6'4" and my knees were hitting the dash and my face was in the window. The steering wheel was like a chin rest for me. It made me think of the 917's at Rennsport. The moral of the story is to make sure you have a long flat head screwdriver on board just in case this happens to you. The end.
gg

Now this is a new break-down story for a 914 that I've never heard before confused24.gif
Unobtanium-inc
That's kind of how I felt sitting in a 904, I'm 5'9" so not a big guy but felt very large.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.