Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB, Fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tjmrfe
Hello,
I’m looking for a fan, after I disassembled my 1.8 I found I had a couple of broken teeth. Sooooo, I bought one on eBay...Ha! Wrong style...so, the one I’m looking for has a flat area where the bolts mount, the one I bought has a cone, and consequently my bolts don’t fit. Thank you
mojorisen914
Hi. Are you talking about the impeller????
I have one if you are.

Rob

QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ May 13 2020, 12:30 PM) *

Hello,
I’m looking for a fan, after I disassembled my 1.8 I found I had a couple of broken teeth. Sooooo, I bought one on eBay...Ha! Wrong style...so, the one I’m looking for has a flat area where the bolts mount, the one I bought has a cone, and consequently my bolts don’t fit. Thank you

bdstone914
@Tjmrfe
' date='May 13 2020, 09:30 AM' post='2814771']
Hello,
[/quote]

You just need to use shorter bolts and mark it with the timing marks for the 1.8 which are think are at 7 and 27 degrees.

You can modify cv bolts. Very important to get the lenght right or they will carve the crank seal.
I have found it helpful to color the fins nearest the timing marks so so can see how close you are to the timing mark. I am going to mark mine with TDC for each cylinder to aid in valve adjustment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.