Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT cooler /4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave97
I’m looking at putting in a front gt oil cooler. I have one below the trunk with fans. I have a 2270, with a remote oil filter. I’m concerned with the length of the hose and what the strain on the oil pump and engine. Most that used the gt cooler have been /6. They have a dry sump with a great oil pump. I also want to add thermostat. There really isn’t a lot of room to put one where I have it now.
What size hose? 8,10 or12? Does the /4 pump have have the capacity to do this? What happens if the oil is 220+ at idle? Please let me know your thought and experience
brant
a 4 cylinder can work with AN10, or AN12
its usually recommended to go with 12 (a little more money) because the 12 is the minimum size needed for a -6 cylinder motor. Giving you the flexibility for future motors without having to replace the lines previously installed
roblav1
-12 is minimum hose size. Not sure how /4 oil pump would handle it.
brant
you need a higher volume pump

way easier to pull the motor to do the install of the pump
infraredcalvin
I have a fat 911 shroud on top of my 4 with no other engine tin. Also running an rx7 oil cooler up front with what looks like -10 lines and a thermostat. Runs on the track, never seen it go above 215 ish... Built by PO, assuming upgraded pump. Sorry I don’t have anymore specific info.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ May 13 2020, 04:20 PM) *

I have a fat 911 shroud on top of my 4 with no other engine tin. Also running an rx7 oil cooler up front with what looks like -10 lines and a thermostat. Runs on the track, never seen it go above 215 ish... Built by PO, assuming upgraded pump. Sorry I don’t have anymore specific info.

I took a picture of your engine bay when it is still owned by Jacquot.

Click to view attachment
infraredcalvin
Hey hey, that’s it, but I’ve got the blue trunks on now...

Anyway, also forgot to mention that I have a 6 tank in the fender, so also have extra oil going through it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.