Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traveling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fixer34
I'm starting to travel again (considered essential job). What is the protocol for reaching out to other members about possibly getting together? Maybe dinner, just a quick beer, show off your car, ??

Sometimes a member has their location posted; do I send a PM if I'll be in the area and possibly 'put them on the spot'? Or just post a notice in the Garage that I will be in xxx city on yyy dates and if anyone wants to get together, PM me?
worn
QUOTE(fixer34 @ May 13 2020, 05:50 PM) *

I'm starting to travel again (considered essential job). What is the protocol for reaching out to other members about possibly getting together? Maybe dinner, just a quick beer, show off your car, ??

Sometimes a member has their location posted; do I send a PM if I'll be in the area and possibly 'put them on the spot'? Or just post a notice in the Garage that I will be in xxx city on yyy dates and if anyone wants to get together, PM me?

Cmon by any time. But maybe keep some distance too. We will work it out.
Coondog
QUOTE(fixer34 @ May 13 2020, 06:50 PM) *

Post a notice, done many times. Just remember in the 914world.com bylaws it requires you to pay for dinner and drinks......... beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
agree.gif Start a thread and see what happens and who is interested. beerchug.gif
Make sure to post the time & location. I have found that people often show up without having participated in your thread.
PanelBilly
When we travel I almost always post ahead to see if I can meet up with some locals. Usually works out Maybe someday, I'll post all the folks I've met
tygaboy
Post where you'll be or PM me if you're in the North Bay (SF) area. I'm always up for a get together.
Minerva's 914
Anytime any 'Teeners are in NC, hit me up! I'm a beer home-brewer and always have a collection of homebrews in the garage frig, rib eye steaks ready for the grill and fine wines to share.
fixer34
Thanks all. Heading to the airport right now for a couple days in Orange City, IA.

St Petersburg/Tampa and Dallas coming up next month.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(fixer34 @ May 14 2020, 07:51 AM) *

Thanks all. Heading to the airport right now for a couple days in Orange City, IA.

Let us know when you are coming to Dallas. We can do something for you while you are here.

Clay
Mikey914
Did this pre19,
As soon as things spool up again, will be doing again.
914forme
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 14 2020, 09:47 AM) *

Let us know when you are coming to Dallas. We can do something for you while you are here.

Clay

beerchug.gif First hand experience, thanks again after so many years.
fixer34
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 14 2020, 08:47 AM) *

Clay

Clay; sorry for short notice, but I'll be in your neck of the woods later this week. Addison/Farmer's Branch area. Thursday or Friday evening would be best for me.

For the St Pete/Tampa folks, was down there a week ago, but between the protests and tropical storm/rain, not really a good time for visiting. Catch you next time.
ClayPerrine
Let me see if I can gather the masses for something on Friday.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.