Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm not a newbie!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
I hit 50 posts. Does this mean I'm in the club?

Or do I still have to look forward to the Secret Initiation Ritual™? biggrin.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 10:43 AM)
I hit 50 posts. Does this mean I'm in the club?

Or do I still have to look forward to the Secret Initiation Ritual™? biggrin.gif

Miles will contact you regarding the ritual.

Andrew
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Jul 8 2005, 12:45 PM)
I hit 50 posts.  Does this mean I'm in the club?

Or do I still have to look forward to the Secret Initiation Ritual™?   biggrin.gif

Andrew

Second faze of the ritual involves MikeZ........... ohmy.gif

phantom914
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2005, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (phantom914 @ Jul 8 2005, 12:45 PM)
I hit 50 posts.  Does this mean I'm in the club?

Or do I still have to look forward to the Secret Initiation Ritual™?   biggrin.gif

Andrew

Second faze of the ritual involves MikeZ........... ohmy.gif

So you think this one will make it through the first phase? That hasn't happened in a while since the new and improved ritual was instated.

Andrew
SLITS
He'll be really sore after Zits and may just give up!
zymurgist
I fought a 911 for 8 hours last Saturday in my garage. I'm pretty tuff.
SGB
TAILDRAGGER! ohmy.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (SGB @ Jul 8 2005, 12:14 PM)
TAILDRAGGER! ohmy.gif

Fits right in with Zois & Miles...they're backdoor men
zymurgist
QUOTE (SGB @ Jul 8 2005, 11:14 AM)
TAILDRAGGER! ohmy.gif

I have a Corvette as well. On average, I have two mid-engined sports cars. wacko.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (SGB @ Jul 8 2005, 11:14 AM)
TAILDRAGGER! ohmy.gif

I have a Corvette as well. On average, I have two mid-engined sports cars. wacko.gif

Want another plastic pig? I have one in my garage that I want to leave.

74 L82 Auto. Runs and drives fine. Everything works but the clock and the AC.

zymurgist
You had me until you said "Auto." Only 1 in 7 Vettes built in 1977 had 4-speeds. Mine is one of them.

Funny... when I pulled the tired L48 from the Orange Shark to install a more worthy engine, my first thought was to use that powerplant in a 914 conversion. And I didn't even own a Porsche of any sort back then.

BTW, a Corvette clock is easily fixed. Replace the OEM mechanism with a quartz one. I'm really surprised that nobody is offering this type of conversion for taildraggers, because the clock in my 911 not only doesn't work, it drains the battery if it is connected.
ClayPerrine
I don't own the poor thing. It belongs to Betty's sister. She is not a car person, and knows nothing about them (she got it in her divorce). It's for sale if you know anyone interested. Looks beautiful on the outside. Needs interior work.

Maybe I can sell it to Dr. Evil when he passes through town. If he is going to be a REAL doctor, he has to look the part. A 914 is too "free clinic"......... biggrin.gif
zymurgist
I can put the word out in my Corvette club, but most of the guys who are too cheap to buy C5's (me, among others) are also gonna be too cheap to travel to Texas to look at a car. wink.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Jul 8 2005, 01:43 PM)
do I still have to look forward to the Secret Initiation Ritual™? biggrin.gif

Show up this Friday at Joes. Bring padding spank.gif spank.gif spank.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif Just like joining a Frat house
zymurgist
"Thank you Sir, may I have another?"
skline
Hey Clay, PM me about this Vette, I may be interested.
spare time toys
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 8 2005, 02:50 PM)

You get it I could probably help with driving it out. Just get me to LAX so I can jump on a flight home. I fly FREE cool_shades.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 8 2005, 01:53 PM)

You get it I could probably help with driving it out. Just get me to LAX so I can jump on a flight home. I fly FREE cool_shades.gif

You are going to need some company on the trip. Can you get a second ticket for free?

spare time toys
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 8 2005, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 8 2005, 01:53 PM)

You are going to need some company on the trip. Can you get a second ticket for free?

I have some Passes cool_shades.gif They are standby but that is the big adventure of flying free.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.