Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 2.0 SS heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
southernmost914
Looking for a good used set of 2.0 SS heat exchangers. Let me know what ya got. popcorn[1].gif
914xr75
Take my advice and ask the seller to do a crack check by plugging up one end and filling them up with water. Stainless steel used exchangers may look like new but they could have a crack inside the shielding. I recently purchased some and the right side is useless because of a giant crack. Good luck
southernmost914
QUOTE(914xr75 @ May 14 2020, 04:28 PM) *

Take my advice and ask the seller to do a crack check by plugging up one end and filling them up with water. Stainless steel used exchangers may look like new but they could have a crack inside the shielding. I recently purchased some and the right side is useless because of a giant crack. Good luck

Mmm, never had a cracked pair myself. Seems the seller would know that condition. Nice to know. Thanks.
poorsche914
I've got a set.

One is original 2.0 exchanger.
The other began life as a 1.7 exchanger but I had the end from a 2.0 exchanger cut and welded on. That particular 2.0 had a cracked pipe shades.gif

I ran them on my car for a few years with no issues. I recently came across another set of 2.0 exchangers so no longer need these.

$550 plus shipping. I'll post some pictures shortly.

driving.gif
southernmost914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 14 2020, 09:52 PM) *

I've got a set.

The other began life as a 1.7 exchanger but I had the end from a 2.0 exchanger cut and welded on. That particular 2.0 had a cracked pipe shades.gif

I ran them on my car for a few years with no issues. I recently came across another set of 2.0 exchangers so no longer need these.

driving.gif

popcorn[1].gif
southernmost914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 14 2020, 09:52 PM) *

I've got a set.

driving.gif

popcorn[1].gif That will do!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.