Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping Delay to Canada?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nojoah
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has placed an order through 914Rubber from Canada? Placed an order for some parts last Friday and still haven't heard anything. Order still appears to be processing. No answer on the international number so far after the few times I've called. Anyone else experience this? Assuming this pandemic has some impact.

Figured this would be a good way to get some information from Mike since he's quite active here.

Thanks.
Sway Bar
QUOTE(Nojoah @ May 14 2020, 01:31 PM) *

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has placed an order through 914Rubber from Canada? Placed an order for some parts last Friday and still haven't heard anything. Order still appears to be processing. No answer on the international number so far after the few times I've called. Anyone else experience this? Assuming this pandemic has some impact.

Figured this would be a good way to get some information from Mike since he's quite active here.

Thanks.

YUP, many times and just got one Tuesday. They are fantastic!!. They may still be assembling your order and want to make it complete since an international one.

They few times I've tried calling the 855# didn't connect so just used their local#.

One of the best retail services companies I have used.
Nojoah
QUOTE(Sway Bar @ May 14 2020, 06:06 PM) *

YUP, many times and just got one Tuesday. They are fantastic!!. They may still be assembling your order and want to make it complete since an international one.

They few times I've tried calling the 855# didn't connect so just used their local#.

One of the best retail services companies I have used.

Hmmm... strange. The order shouldn't take long as it's only two small parts. And yes the local number is the one I tried to call multiple times.

I'm sure they're just busy during this time. This is me in my infinite state of boredom during this virus trying to find SOMETHING to do. sawzall-smiley.gif
Superhawk996
Just received parts a couple of days ago. Usually takes a couple weeks for me to get parts and I'm just across the border in Detroit Metro area. Size doesn't seem to be a factor in any of the parts I've ordered they all take about the same time.

Remember they are a small compnay and support 911, 356, and 914's and every order is a one off for them to go pull parts, pack, bill, and ship so it's not like you're dealing with a streamlined Amazon process.

E-mail them. Probably working only a skeleton crew in the shop and office support working remotely from home.

I've always had great experince with them and followup communications. Great company. aktion035.gif
Nojoah
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 14 2020, 06:42 PM) *

Just received parts a couple of days ago. Usually takes a couple weeks for me to get parts and I'm just across the border in Detroit Metro area. Size doesn't seem to be a factor in any of the parts I've ordered they all take about the same time.

Remember they are a small compnay and support 911, 356, and 914's and every order is a one off for them to go pull parts, pack, bill, and ship so it's not like you're dealing with a streamlined Amazon process.

E-mail them. Probably working only a skeleton crew in the shop and office support working remotely from home.

I've always had great experince with them and followup communications. Great company. aktion035.gif

As have I. In no way am I suggesting that they are not a great company - just looking to see if others have experienced a similar delay. Only good words from me as well, every order I've placed with them was of excellent quality and great customer service. I should have phrased my original question better. I was looking to see if anyone had ordered during this pandemic and experienced similar.
JamesM
QUOTE(Nojoah @ May 14 2020, 02:55 PM) *

I was looking to see if anyone had ordered during this pandemic and experienced similar.

I cant speak to what effect the current situation may be having on order fulfillment from 914 Rubber specifically but having ordered packages from both Germany and China into the US I can say it is taking a VERY long time for anything to clear customs. Parts coming directly from Porsche are at best taking two weeks. Buddy who recently picked up a Panamera had to the the head unit replaced, dealer had his car for over a month just waiting on the part to clear customs. Not sure what Canadian customs looks like, but i think its safe to assume everything is moving a little slower than normal lately.
Nojoah
QUOTE(JamesM @ May 14 2020, 07:46 PM) *

I cant speak to what effect the current situation may be having on order fulfillment from 914 Rubber specifically but having ordered packages from both Germany and China into the US I can say it is taking a VERY long time for anything to clear customs. Parts coming directly from Porsche are at best taking two weeks. Buddy who recently picked up a Panamera had to the the head unit replaced, dealer had his car for over a month just waiting on the part to clear customs. Not sure what Canadian customs looks like, but i think its safe to assume everything is moving a little slower than normal lately.

Definitely! Surprisingly though, my order from Pelican was processed, shipped, cleared customs and was delivered in just three days. I have never experienced an order delivered that quickly over borders, even during regular times! I was extremely impressed. That was standard Fedex international shipping as well.
falcor75
I have been waiting close to two months for my order from PMB.
Order was sent out March 23'rd
Package was in LA March 28th
Then again in LA April 24th
Washington April 28th
Brussels Europe April 29th

After that is havnt been checked in anywhere again. I'm still clinging to the hope that its the Covid that has slowed it down somewhere and my $1000 of calipers and stuff isnt lost. sad.gif
Spoke
A 911 owner sent me his foglight fixtures a couple weeks ago. It took about 3 weeks to make it from Canada to Pennsylvania.
Mikey914
I think Kenze has reached out to the original poster. Another issue that can delay an international shipment is if its a large order and one or two things may be in production, on a shipment to Canada if it was going FedEx we try not to ship in more tan one shipment. Not that is costs us a little more, but they charge $20 for customs clearance on each order.

If she has not reached out to you with any info PM me here and I can track it down.

Thanks for your business,
Mark
Nojoah
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 15 2020, 12:32 AM) *

I think Kenze has reached out to the original poster. Another issue that can delay an international shipment is if its a large order and one or two things may be in production, on a shipment to Canada if it was going FedEx we try not to ship in more tan one shipment. Not that is costs us a little more, but they charge $20 for customs clearance on each order.

If she has not reached out to you with any info PM me here and I can track it down.

Thanks for your business,
Mark

Thanks a lot Mark. Kenze was great and provided me with the information. Thanks for keeping us supplied to continue working on our cars. Much appreciated.
Nojoah
QUOTE(falcor75 @ May 14 2020, 11:42 PM) *

I have been waiting close to two months for my order from PMB.
Order was sent out March 23'rd
Package was in LA March 28th
Then again in LA April 24th
Washington April 28th
Brussels Europe April 29th

After that is havnt been checked in anywhere again. I'm still clinging to the hope that its the Covid that has slowed it down somewhere and my $1000 of calipers and stuff isnt lost. sad.gif

Thats pretty rough...

Heres hoping that we can return to somewhat "normal" lives soon. Not quite sure what that will look like though. confused24.gif
dax1969

Some things don't make sense and a lot of sellers hide behind the pandemic.
Ordered that angle speed drive bushing fm 914 rubber .... two days later it arrived by fedex.

Ordered something in Germany .... took 4 weeks.

Faster fm the other side of the world then fm a place which is a 4hrs drive. Nuts.

cheers
Dax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.