Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Los Gatos, Ca, Chopped 914 Spotted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I spotted this chopped down 914 on my way home from work today. Union Ave on San Jose/Los Gatos Border. First time I’ve seen this one in my neighborhood.

Anyone here?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
I think I've seen this car before but it's been years...
sixnotfour
True Outlaw
Krieger
I like it!
Retroracer
I've seen it at least once, near 17 and Bear Creek Rd. Very cool looking ride, obviously a lot of work into it.

- Tony
Big Len
It looks almost modern.
ConeDodger
It looks like Michael Cuoco from San Francisco. CalTrans bridge guy. I didn’t think he was ready to fire it yet though...
porschetub
Not sure really,like the roof chop,but the wheels are just to big,kinda Disney size carton car really .
jaredmcginness
Cool car.

Wheels are gaudy and tacky.
ctc911ctc
How did it SOUND????

QUOTE(Michael N @ May 14 2020, 07:20 PM) *

I spotted this chopped down 914 on my way home from work today. Union Ave on San Jose/Los Gatos Border. First time I’ve seen this one in my neighborhood.

Anyone here?

Andyrew
QUOTE(Michael N @ May 14 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Anyone here?

His car is not chopped.
Bleyseng
Same rims though.....
FlacaProductions
Close, but not quite - chopped one has three arms (or is painted to appear to have three arms) on each spoke - the other one has two.

I think I like the chopped one....
horizontally-opposed
Just when I thought I'd seen it all with 914s, even if I knew I hadn't, there's a chopped-roof 914 with what looks like a Crossfire windshield, a suspension lift (back to US stock? smile.gif ), and taller rockers. Trip.

Not for me, but I do like seeing others' creativity in the world. But I have to ask: Is this the same, better, or worse than RWB 911s? confused24.gif
sixnotfour
Not for me, but I do like seeing others' creativity in the world. But I have to ask: Is this the same, better, or worse than RWB 911s?

LoneWolf..
JPStein called his ShitBox... I call mien REDRUM, one offs

The 914 fenom is "GT"
Mikey914
Phelix?
Jamie
The driver must be very short, because with the stock top height we're almost sitting on the floor! WTF.gif
rjames
I'd like it better if the rockers were black. And yeah, those wheels...
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Jamie @ May 15 2020, 08:22 AM) *

The driver must be very short, because with the stock top height we're almost sitting on the floor! WTF.gif

Maybe the tall rockers are because the floor was dropped? I've seen floors dropped 0.5-inch "invisibly." Suspect this car could have something more like 2-4 inches?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, neat looking!

QUOTE(Big Len @ May 14 2020, 08:06 PM) *

It looks almost modern.

mepstein
Sorry but...Ugly. Like a 914 hovercraft.
jim_hoyland
VIN ?
Michael N
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 15 2020, 07:35 AM) *

Same rims though.....

No
Michael N

I could not hear it. My daily driver is a 2012 WRX with a titanium exhaust. It is pretty loud by itself. I was happy to even get these one handed cell phone shots as I drove by.

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ May 15 2020, 04:33 AM) *

How did it SOUND????

QUOTE(Michael N @ May 14 2020, 07:20 PM) *

Anyone here?

914Toy
What a shame!
pete000
Looks like someone stepped on it !
HansJan
I would not do this.
But love the fact that some one else did it.
In my opinion it’s very cool looking.

It must have been a pretty difficult job to make everything align like that.

Ps: I can’t even get my windows to close up to the top. Can only imagine how this is done with this car.
JRust
The rockers are deep. So yeah I'd say they dropped the floor. Little weird as it looks like the bottom of the door doesn't match the front or rear quarters. The gap front & back looks fine. Is it just me or does the bottom of the door disappear in the top of the rocker? Something there just looks off?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(JRust @ May 15 2020, 09:59 PM) *

Is it just me or does the bottom of the door disappear in the top of the rocker? Something there just looks off?

Lambo doors maybe? confused24.gif
7TPorsh
Is this the car they made from a stripped Boxster? Deep rockers, tall cowl, and tall wheels.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 16 2020, 06:44 AM) *

Is this the car they made from a stripped Boxster? Deep rockers, tall cowl, and tall wheels.

One of these?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=332830
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.