Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing something?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcheek
Am I missing something here. This seems like quite a bargain for a real unmolested 6.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914/1...sYAAOSw5NJeu1wl

Dave
Cairo94507
That looks like it would be a great driver six. I like the color and it appears to be all there. Hopefully they still have the original air cleaner with the car. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
A bargain...VIN is 15 from mine.

Someone HERE buy it.

Oscar
sixnotfour
rollback to 1976 $3250 my Dad paid for same condition...fast forward now belongs to my son..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-914/1...1wl&vxp=mtr
jaredmcginness
Well someone bought it! Speak up if you're here.
Mueller
Hope it didn't go to another flipper at that price. I'd rather see it go to someone that will appreciate it and not immediately profit from it.
johnlush
Well..........

I spoke to the owner last night and we agreed to a deal and I was in the process of getting funds to him and arranging to have the car picked up. But he called about 5 minutes ago and backed out. He says he's going to put some money into it and address some of the bigger issues and offer it again in the future. If that's his plan I certainly understand although backing out after we had an agreement was in kind of poor form IMO. It's a pretty solid car but literally every area on it needs something. It's missing the original air cleaner box, steering wheel, wheels, rear bumper, etc. The eBay pictures eluded to the condition but the closer you looked the more issues there were. I have the feeling we'll all be seeing it again. Maybe I actually dodged a bullet?
Cairo94507
That sucks. It is hard enough to pull the trigger on buying an old car but to then have the deal pulled from under you is even tougher. Maybe a better deal will come along. beerchug.gif
mepstein
He made a mistake. I’d take a solid sale over a hopeful one in the future.
iankarr
agree.gif
Especially in these weird times...
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(johnlush @ May 15 2020, 12:35 PM) *

Well..........

I spoke to the owner last night and we agreed to a deal and I was in the process of getting funds to him and arranging to have the car picked up. But he called about 5 minutes ago and backed out. He says he's going to put some money into it and address some of the bigger issues and offer it again in the future. If that's his plan I certainly understand although backing out after we had an agreement was in kind of poor form IMO. It's a pretty solid car but literally every area on it needs something. It's missing the original air cleaner box, steering wheel, wheels, rear bumper, etc. The eBay pictures eluded to the condition but the closer you looked the more issues there were. I have the feeling we'll all be seeing it again. Maybe I actually dodged a bullet?

Today's your lucky day John, you have $$ in your pocket, seller missed out.

Go buy a lottery ticket beerchug.gif

BTW...I liked this one also. But I'd go from Stay-at home to Homeless in a heartbeat. mad.gif

Oscar
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 15 2020, 12:54 PM) *

He made a mistake. I’d take a solid sale over a hopeful one in the future.

agree.gif

So seller wanted, what, $60k? Paint job is bad, and the "while you're in there" is gonna blossom. Metal work, rust repair, materials, time, correct rear bumper, stuff that suddenly doesn't look as good next to fresh paint…

All of that effort would have made sense for a buyer at that price, but I am not so sure it makes sense for a seller?
johnlush
The price we negotiated was less than the $58k he had it listed for. Putting more money into it expecting to come out ahead seems unlikely but more power to him. Maybe he found someone to pay a few hundred more than we agreed to - who knows. Hopefully it ends up fixed correctly which won't be a cheap proposition for anyone.

But Oscar's right, I suddenly feel rich! Beers and tequila all around! drunk.gif
Mueller
Maybe I'm a little off here, too me even with the problems it has the paint color/code if original is worth a slight premium. Thoughts?
Cairo94507
I agree it is worth a premium with the PTS color. I just think it is at the top of the price range without further photos to show detail of all of our known areas. I do like that car however. beerchug.gif
live free & drive
This one only lasted a couple of minutes at $1600...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/porsche-914-6-part...=p2047675.l2557
iankarr
Wow that's crazy. maybe I'll spend the rest of quarantine refreshing my ebay searches...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.