Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Pomona Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Any teener related stuff ever show up there?
JoeSharp
Sometimes I thimk not but I still try to go to every one. You'll never know what to expect. If your coming down let me know, we'll hook up.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
usually not worth going.

if you go...ill go just to hang out.
AA
xitspd
If you guys are going. Let me know. I'm in!
Grimstead
I went to one a few months ago and it was pitiful as far as 914's go. It's not like it was 10 years ago when I used to go all the time (but then nothing is like it was 10 years ago, not even me). It could still be fun if you are into VW's and other cars though.
ematulac
Is it this weekend?

I haven't been in years. I used to see a couple of 914's and even 914-8's when I used to go. I think there used to be a section just for VW stuff where I picked up some miscellaneous parts. But even back then there wasn't a lot of 914 stuff available.
Allan
QUOTE (ematulac @ Jul 8 2005, 02:51 PM)
Is it this weekend?

Next weekend. The 17th and 18th.
SLITS
At the last one the teener stuff was slim pickins.....there was some, but it was mostly VW stuff (Type 1 & 2).

Great way to get a $14 tan if you don't buy anything else...........
Lou W

SLITS   Posted on Jul 8 2005, 05:07 PM At the last one the teener stuff was slim pickins.....there was some, but it was mostly VW stuff (Type 1 & 2).

Great way to get a $14 tan if you don't buy anything else...........

agree.gif

I went to one last year, it was the same way then. If you wait to go in September, it will be real hot then. screwy.gif
Maltese Falcon
Allan, lots of domestic stuff/VW/ and stuff like 3 wheels-tires (no sets of 4) etc.
Lots of muscle cars to look at (if that's your thing) , and about a $75.00 day-parking, admission, dogs, beer, and gas from 661 ohmy.gif

Hey Joe S. when do you want to receive your headers (?) Remember the raffle? driving.gif

Mfalcon8er
VegasRacer
I always have fun when I go. Usually not much teener stuff, but sometimes you get lucky. I am overdue for a trip down, but not this month. It is to friggin' hot.
brokenmoped
I went to the one last month and there were at least 7 or 8 914s. I almost bought a gray one. There's an entire Porsche section which had an Ruf CTR, countless 911s, at least 5 356s, and a couple 550s. It's mostly american cars, but there is a good amount of VWs, mostly bugs, and the Porsche sections is pretty large despite what everyone has said so far. It could be different for this upcoming one, but it is definitely worth checking out. Plus, the VW parts sections is literally half the size of all the parts they sell. I'll be there biggrin.gif
drew365
One time I bought a full matching set of chromed Fuch's from 3 different vendors. I thought that was pretty incredible. Broke my little red wagon pulling them back to the car. Ahh, those were the days, last year. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (brokenmoped @ Jul 8 2005, 05:43 PM)
I went to the one last month and there were at least 7 or 8 914s. I almost bought a gray one. There's an entire Porsche section which had an Ruf CTR, countless 911s, at least 5 356s, and a couple 550s. It's mostly american cars, but there is a good amount of VWs, mostly bugs, and the Porsche sections is pretty large despite what everyone has said so far. It could be different for this upcoming one, but it is definitely worth checking out. Plus, the VW parts sections is literally half the size of all the parts they sell. I'll be there biggrin.gif

Yes, there were teeners there and WELL over priced....no real parts stash though. Several vendors had Eleben parts and the only teener parts were wheels (Fuchs & Mahles) and they wanted a fortune for them.

CASOB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.