Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weak Jack Point
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
I was going to jack up my car so I could access the alternator belt. The jack point started to give slightly as I went up so I stopped. Pulled the black valance at the bottom and SURPRISE!.....RUST. Not real bad but just enough to weaken that spot.
I'll deal with it later.
Under the car going across the engine is a brace or whatever it's called. Is it safe to put the floor jack under that on one side? Just want to be careful AND not damage something. I'm just looking for alternative spots from which to raise the car.

One more question: Who has those round rubber stops that at the 2 corners of the rear trunk?

Thanks guys
DickSteinkamp
Adjustable rubber stops

These?
Ampex351
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ May 16 2020, 06:23 PM) *

Adjustable rubber stops

These?

YES!! Thank you!!

ejm
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ May 16 2020, 06:57 PM) *

I was going to jack up my car so I could access the alternator belt.

The alternator belt isn't under the car.
Ampex351
QUOTE(ejm @ May 16 2020, 06:48 PM) *

Then please explain procedure for installing a new belt. From everything I've heard you need to get under the car to access one of the alternator bolts...right?

Craigers17
QUOTE(Ampex351 @ May 16 2020, 05:51 PM) *

QUOTE(ejm @ May 16 2020, 06:48 PM) *

Then please explain procedure for installing a new belt. From everything I've heard you need to get under the car to access one of the alternator bolts...right?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...3uAQxfuTSzq0dml
bdstone914

[/quote]

No, but you need to loosen the nut on the lower alternator bracket to pivot the alternator and change the belt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.